What Aggravates You?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stantheman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

It’s gotten to that point where I must vent.

Engine Hood Supports - for over a century Cars & Trucks have had a flip up steel rod that never failed. So why do we need these stupid struts that cost up to a hundred dollars to replace? This to me is a money grab and I have decided when I go shopping for another vehicle that the first thing I will ask my salesperson to do will be to raise the hood.
    This is an infuriating and useless expenditure for a car owner. If you cannot figure out that the end of the rod goes into the hole in the bonnet...

Lastly Princess Elizabeth was a certified Truck Tech in WWII and if She could lift the bonnet on a two ton truck there is simply no excuse for anyone else.
    Engine Hood Supports are proof of not only how dumbed down we as a society have become but also what limp wrist wimps and mental weaklings to have a bunch of boardroom swine dictate what is to be.

So what about You?
    Happy about everything?
    Or are You as mad as Hell and not going to take it anymore?

Have a nice day and don’t forget to take Your soma.:D

2. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

same ol same ol...when they refuse to pay for the lock out or car key made..then pull the weapon of choice out to reinforce their position on that situation

crazy locksmith story from 2 weeks ago...we were called to unlock house..car..no wait house...but 2 cars...what happened

Dude called 2 locksmiths & the cops. at same time...we beat the cops ETA...so we opened 1 car...then he stalled & took us over to another car..then the cops showed up..then put their light on & got aggressive with us..then the police where accosting us for about 5 min...lettered work vehicle & all,,,,,while the other locksmith was unlocking the guys neighbors house....hour later...potential client going to jail...2 locksmiths ..not paid..and now another waste of time court date to have to be a witness to the whole ordeal

stormsedge and nojazzhere like this.
  3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

I try not to let the little things get me down.

4. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

I replaced the engine hood supports on my son's Toyota Avalon and it was kind of a pleasant Saturday-afternoon repair. Of course, your point about the stupidity of having to buy new ones in the first place when a metal rod works is totally valid.

I wish people behind the wheel would focus on the tasks at hand -- managing speed, lane position, spacing, planning for turns or lane changes. Many drivers these days really should be passengers. Then they can do the phone work or zoning out they seem to really want. It would be safer for everyone.

Since more cars these days are being marketed as iPhone accessories with wheels, I don't see it getting better.

naneek, Wildcard_35 and RoyBGood like this.
  5. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Tele-Meister

A while ago I'd have had a list as long as my arm, but I was seriously getting myself down and it was starting to really affect my life (especially at work) so I'm trying really hard to be more positive.

It's working so far, and I feel better for it.

That said, unnecessary plastic packaging really makes me cross.

6. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

OMG THIS. Bad for the environment. And bad for my fingers! I'm tired of being stabbed, sliced, and lacerated just trying to open some small hand tool or hair product or whatever. GAAAAHHHHHHH......!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!1

7. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Meister

Don’t worry, Soon cars will drive themselves and we can all be passengers

8. Catatafish

Catatafish TDPRI Member

Along the lines of cars, the thing pissing me off lately is the lack of a key in a hole required to turn the car on. If you're a woman, that's fine, you have a giant purse to put it in. But as a guy, I get in my car with this clunky key ring, and where the hell do I put the key with only a button required now to start the car? What exactly is the advantage of this push button start? NOTHING! Now I have to consume one of my cup holders with the key, or, leave it in my pocket for it to poke me or fall out into the nether-region between the seat and center console.

stormsedge and stantheman like this.
  9. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Meister

Look on the bright side, that fob probably cost $300 to replace/duplicate.

10. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

You're quite right. And even more 'improvement' insanity is becoming commonplace at the other end - with tailgates that open and close themselves. Say goodbye to a month's pay to fix that absurdity when it fails! :mad:

stantheman likes this.
  11. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I once said to no one in particular at work, “you know what really p****s me off?” Immediately, Steve replied “It’s Wednesday. Does anyone remember what p****s him off on Wednesday? Maybe you should post a calendar.”

Apparently, I’m one of Those Guys. :oops:

(In my defense, Steve is also the guy who said of our work at the Historic Site “you know what we are? We’re the Statler and Waldorf of the fur trade!”

stormsedge and nojazzhere like this.
  12. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

I have static on my Jazzmaster pickguard and the dryer sheet rub did not work.

I finally took it to Emerald City Guitars to have the wiring checked and the pick guard shielded.

Other than that, only political news aggravates me and I’m trying to avoid it now. Another reason this site is such a refuge for me.

loco gringo and Skydog1010 like this.
  13. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Meister

Ok
    Now you’re pushing my buttons
    I would like to find a car without all the fancy gadgets they think we need
    Air conditioning is nice and I like having a radio but beyond that I don’t want it
    When I lived in the mountains I didn’t ned a/c either
    I’m more of a minimalist that’s why I love my Telecasters

14. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I don't get aggravated like I did for a lot of my life. With age I learned what my grandmother meant by "someone always has it worse".

I watch some I know and don't know carry on in terrible situations with grace and a smile. At times I get aggravated that I did not have this level of chill and understanding earlier in life.

One that still stands out is being aggravated when people are selfish or inconsiderate and should know better including me.

naneek likes this.
  15. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

Styrofoam.
    The street light outside my house.
    Textspeak.
    Punk.
    Hip-hop.
    Big box stores.
    Vinyl siding.
    Cars that make a noise when you lock them.
    My cat when he wakes me up at 3 a.m.
    People who say "myself" when they mean "me" or "I."
    People who say "I'm like" when they mean "I said."
    Over-packaging.
    Shipping rates.
    Restaurant servers who say "you guys."
    Restaurant servers who say "I'll be taking care of you."
    Restaurant servers who say "Perfect!"
    Restaurant servers who say "Did you leave room for dessert?"
    People who hold the door open for me when I'm thirty feet away.
    Baseball caps.
    Jerry Seinfeld.
    Cotton/poly blends.
    Canned music playing out in front of stores and restaurants.
    Itchy shirt tags.
    Morning.
    Small talk.
    Opera.
    Commercials.
    NPR interviewees whose answers to questions begin with "So . . . ."
    Emojis.
    The Olympics.
    The big car dealership across the river that leaves its lights on all night.
    Fishers. (The big weasels, not the people with rods and reels.)
    Fox "News."
    People who say "narrative" when they're not talking about a book, movie, or play.
    Cats (the musical).
    Suspenders.
    Balancing my checkbook. (So I don't.)
    "Free with each purchase!"
    New country.
    Nikes.
    Spoilers. (On cars and in movie reviews.)
    Subwoofers in cars next to me at red lights.

lammie200, catdaddy, kbold and 10 others like this.
  16. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Meister

Another vote for the good old indestructible plastic shrink packaging...

Styrofoam peanuts! An environmental nightmare. Thank goodness they're making them out of starch now.

Things that absolutely will not fit back in their original package.

nojazzhere likes this.
  17. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

People who begin sentences with the word So.

Drivers who tailgate.

18. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Here are two things that aggravate the hell out of me and both definitely show my " get off my lawn!" aging, mentality- but still I'm right!
    Both have to do with the perspective of someone (driving) on the road, all the time ( local area gigs/Uber driver)

Will keep short:

Local folks ( by this I mean driving in their own neighborhoods...
    ( familiar with their streets/turns, as opposed to someone like me, basically a ' service driver' coming into a neighborhood)
    ...driving like completely A**holes in residential, going 45-50 in a 25 MPH zone; making sharp ' cut off/diagonal 'left hand turns ( from main roads into secondary) into my lane- instead of making proper left turns to go around me; no use of turn signals; running local Stop signs. This is just daily, all day

Terrible fast food Drive-Thru issues:

- folks that take too f**king long to order ( How do you NOT know a McDonald's menu?!?!)- then changing/arguing order at windows

- Slow apathetic attitude and behavior of employees when ordering, or at windows- slow, not polite, getting order wrong " What was your order again? " 3X!
    I know, I'm being a dick, it just gets to me.

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Musically...

My wife and kids listen to music I wouldn't otherwise listen to and that's fine, I'm not a "get off my lawn" geezer, but there is this lazy cliche in dance-pop music I call "the siren". The music producers want the music to climax so they add a siren-like synth sound that starts low and soft and just builds simple-mindedly: woop.... woop .... woop-woop ... woop-woop .... wooop-wooop ... Wooop-Woop ... WOOOP-WOOP .... WOOOP-WOOOP-WOOOP ... WOOOP-WOOOP-WOOOP!!!

Bassman8, Buckaroo65 and nojazzhere like this.
  20. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Asking "What aggravates you?" on this forum...:lol::lol::lol:

nojazzhere and stantheman like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.