What about the Humbolt Simplifier

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DrPepper, Sep 23, 2020.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

HUMBOLDT SIMPLIFIER

In my quest for blackface clean into headphones I have been introduced to the; Strymon Iridium, Electrode Blackbird and a few others. The Humbolt looks promising. The Blackbird was in the lead but, it offered more then I needed.

I would say screw it and get a Tonemaster but, then I would have to come up with a way to listen through headphones.

The Humbolt with my effects and headphones will work, at least on paper. Any here have experience with the Simplifier?

2. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I've heard good things, but no experience. Following...

3. Chandlerman

Chandlerman TDPRI Member

It looks complicated.

4. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

lol, simpler (no pun intended) then most Iv'e seen... guitar (effects) in, headphones out... doesn't get much easier then that from what I can see...

Chandlerman likes this.
  5. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

It looks cool. Sounds good in the video. At $300 it's not super expensive, but an investment nonetheless. I would try it if you can, or order it from somewhere with a satisfaction guarantee.

I never used it myself, but for what it's worth, I have a Mooer Radar that is great through the PA, okay for recording and only so-so through phones. For late night, I run it into my recording interface and out through phones. Be nice to have something simpler.

DrPepper likes this.
  6. Cysquatch

Cysquatch Tele-Holic

I would assume you're trying to play through headphones at home, so if you have an audio interface nearby, you could run the Tonemaster's cabsim out to that, then monitor with headphones through the interface. I do that with my Torpedo Captor and Focusrite Solo all the time. Obviously less of a standalone solution and much more expensive, but if you really like the idea of a TM amp, it's not that hard to use it with headphones. It's not the intent, but that line out for the cabsim is perfect for that.

7. SomeGuyNamedRob

SomeGuyNamedRob Tele-Meister

Would love to try one.

Of course, that would mean someone would have to have one in stock to begin with...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.