What a great day!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

A minor storm front moved thru Bakersfield today, for one day only. The temps were in the high 80s, low 90s! It's been almost exactly a month since it's been this cool. When we found out that today was going to be a playable day on the golf course (for momma) we made a time for 9:00am and beat it out to the golf course!

Both of us were a little rusty since it's been quite a long while to go without swinging a club, but we did okay, and had a great time. We got out of there in just under four hours, came home had a late lunch, early supper, then took Alex for a walk. While we were out walking, it started raining! When it rained heavily for just a short while, we held up under the cover of a large tree that juts out over the sidewalk.

Earlier on the way home, we saw my old boss's Model A Ford. I wondered what had happened to it, someone I didn't know was driving it. I would liked to have talked to him about the car, I remember when my boss first acquired it. It looked just like it did the last time I saw it, and that's been a good ten years ago.

All in all, it was just a great day!

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Glad to hear it... we got mist up here... it was my wife's birthday, we went to pt lobos state park and hiked... had some oysters in monterey for lunch, lazed a bit in the afternoon and amazing italian supper and walk at sunset with the pups... my last day off of summer... but what a nice day! glad you got some rain!

3. Toto'sDad

Happy birthday to your wife! We didn't get a lot of rain, but at least where we were it was enough to enjoy. It made puddles, and wet the streets down, and the air smelled fresh like only a rain can make it. It thundered a bit, but I didn't see any lightning though there had be to be some. Glad you had a nice day too!

getbent likes this.
  4. Martian

Martian Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Weird, but just hearing someone here had a great day can make a person feel kinda good. Strange in its simplicity and hard to explain but a nice way to end the day... thanks.

5. Toto'sDad

I hope you have a lot of good days, things will be better, they already are for us.

Timbresmith1 and getbent like this.
  6. Toto'sDad

This past Thursday, ten of us from back in the stone age who went to high school together went to lunch, we really enjoyed that. First time in almost a year and a half. Funny how simple things become important when you don't have them.

RobRiggs and getbent like this.
  7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Sounds like the perfect TD day. Life is good with those kind of days. You deserve them.

BTW, I thought rust occurs from the rain.

Toto'sDad and RobRiggs like this.
  8. RobRiggs

RobRiggs Tele-Holic

What is this rain you speak of? Water from the sky? Disappearance of the great yellow orb? I think not…:)
    Glad y’all had a good day, makes life worth livin’

Toto'sDad and bromdenlong like this.
  9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Treasure every good day!
    I do.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Sounds like a great time

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

We might have a good day here this weekend. I'm not counting on it.

12. Toto'sDad

At my age it could have been mold.

Obsessed likes this.
  13. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

A few words changed, but the title of this thread made me think of this:

“So I stopped at a Jack in the Box on the way here, and the girl behind the counter said, "Hiya! Are you having an awesome day?" Not, "How are you doing today?" No. "Are you having an awesome day?" Which is pretty crappy because it puts the onus on me to disagree with her, like if I'm not having an "awesome day," suddenly I'm the negative one. Usually when people ask how I'm doing, the real answer is I'm doing crappy, but I can't say I'm doing crappy, because I don't even have a good reason to be doing crappy. So if I say, "I'm doing crappy," then they say, "Why? What's wrong?" And I have to be like, "I don't know, all of it?" So instead, when people ask me how I'm doing, I usually say, "I am doing so great." But when this girl at the Jack in the Box asked me if I was having an awesome day, I thought, well, today I'm actually allowed to feel crappy, today I have a good reason, so I said to her, "Well, my mom died." And she immediately burst into tears. So now *I* have to comfort *her*, which is annoying, and meanwhile, there's a line of people forming behind me, who are all giving me these real judgy looks because I made the Jack in the Box girl cry. And she's bawling, and she's saying, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," and I'm like, "It's fine, it's fine. I mean, it's not fine, but, you know, it's... fine. And I would like to order a Double Jack Meal, and I've kinda got somewhere to be, so maybe less with the crying and more with the frying, huh?" And the girl apologizes, again, and she offers me a free churro with my meal. And as I'm leaving, I think, "I just got a free churro because my mom died." No one ever tells you when your mom dies, you get a free churro.”

From one of the best TV episodes ever created; Bojack Horseman, "Free Churro".

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Between the temperatures and the smoke, the best I can muster is a "meh".

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

It's times like those when the admonition to let your conversation be yea, yea, and nay, nay make a lot of sense.

16. Toto'sDad

Smoke has become a way of life for us here in California. Once upon a time we had people who knew how to cut fire roads, and do controlled burns, AT the right times of the year. Now all of those people are gone, and the ones we have left taking care of the forests are better suited at driving surfboards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.