What a glorious world we live in!

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
How to make bacon fat. Fry bacon. Pour grease in container by stove. Done.
I find it hard to believe folks will pay for this.

By far the easiest way to cook it, and save the rendered fat, is on a sheet pan in the oven.

I was thinking of this when I saw the title.

There'll be spandex jackets, one for everyone.

radtz

Tele-Holic
I don't find it hard to believe at all. I see a lot of dumber/worse things that sell. Premade PBJ sandwiches for the kiddies. Pre-cooked bacon and sausage. Hello Fresh. mayo. frozen premade pancakes. packaged apple slices. and so on.

All that bacony goodness without having to deal with eating all of that bacony bacon.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I just started a fresh batch yesterday. It is my not-too-secret ingredient for my 4-seed French bread.:cool:
Of course, I had bacon, eggs and toast yesterday.:D
0D170B54-E623-4DC1-9586-8F460610B8A6.jpeg

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m sitting in the examination room at my cardiologist’s office reading this. I just had an echo, EKG, and I’m waiting for him to come in for a follow up to four stents. Rendered bacon fat? I can’t even think of that anymore. Enjoy it until you can’t.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Despite all the curmudgeonly talk about how terrible things are getting in this world, sometimes you get a reminder that it's not all bad.
As I'm scouring the baking aisle looking for baking soda thee other day, I spy on the shelves "Bacon Up". Little tubs of rendered bacon fat.
I come from a long line of folks who always saved the bacon fat (although it was bacon grease when I was growing up). It's excellent for cooking eggs, searing scallops, sauteeing spinach or fresh brussels sprouts. etc. So, nott like I need to buy this product. But I suppose there are those who never knew how wonderful this stuff is - I mean, I did just see instructions on "how to make bacon fat" (um, wow) while looking for this picture:
41q5EtEzrjS.jpg
903b488b78e04cc83dfda19dc06976dc.jpg

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
By far the easiest way to cook it, and save the rendered fat, is on a sheet pan in the oven.

I have actually switched to this method. About twenty minutes on parchment paper in the oven at 400 degrees. I then pour the grease off in a nine inch cast iron skillet to cook my eggs.