1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What’s your most unique guitar?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Otis Fine, Apr 9, 2020.

1. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

2. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

3. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

This is one of the 12 Gretsch built...lefty CVT:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. musky55

musky55 Tele-Meister

If that makes you uncomfortable, how about this? shredder.JPG The skull is raised and contains a sound activated 30 LED color panel.

Otis Fine likes this.
  5. Emster

Emster TDPRI Member

Mr. St. Paul, post: 9788725, member: 98029"]Parker P-36. A pretty standard Tele setup with the Nitefly body. Has the standard Parker piezo pickup in the bridge. There's a 3-way mini switch that gives you magnetic pickups/magnetic + piezo/piezo alone. Plus a blender pot for the piezo. The previous owner replaced the stock pickups with a GFS NeoVin Power Rock set. An extremely versatile guitar. It looks like a guitar that Chuck Jones would have drawn for a 1950s animated cartoon.
    I've got one too (see my avatar). The black was just too much so for giggles I made it a U of Oregon themed thing. Nitefly shape but not the weight! The stock pickups are quite good in my non sniffer opinion. I do hope you use stereo plug and 2 amps. Best if have some acoustic processor for Fishman bit, unless you like the "neither fish nor fowl" output. I usually do. Mine came with interesting bag, but single strap hardware broke... quality guitar I stumbled on at Best Buy of all places during close out sale

6. Guy Guyatone

Guy Guyatone TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Zenon pickups on a GF factory clearance body:

[​IMG]

Reflective gold pick-guard might have been a little over-the-top.

7. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

This definitely qualifies as unique. I dig it.

8. guitarswheelies

guitarswheelies TDPRI Member

How about this one?

Attached Files:

9. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yes. That is unusual.

10. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Afflicted

Excellent job @archiemax ! I dig it... :cool::cool::cool:

It reminds me those 60s Italian Welson guitars...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-tbln.

11. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Unique as not too many guitars made by Augustino LoPrinzi under his first name in Clearwater Florida
    C09FFEC3-FC9F-418C-BE2E-9C3109525CF6.jpeg

Also somewhat unique, my Cowboy Uke by Lame Horse of Texas

F3A97DE5-F0C2-4706-AE5B-509F3FC89717.jpeg

Also semi-unique, one of 700 made:
    3F37ABBB-195F-4FCE-B1C6-5AC1944D4137.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Drak likes this.
  12. widefault

widefault Tele-Meister

This is an undeniable one-of-a-kind. Built by a guy named Rex Parker in West Virginia sometime in the late 50s per Rex. He was a bluegrass & gospel performer, played with a lot of the big names, recorded with some and had a gospel group with his wife and two daughters.

[​IMG]

The Guit-Banj-O-Lin. It is not a player these days, and I kind of wonder if it ever was. ES-125 not-a-P90 pickup on the guitar part, DeArmonds on the Banjo and Mandolin parts. Weighs a ton, action is bad on all parts, and probably worth more in parts.

[​IMG]

Back in the 1980s my dad bought a 1957 Chevrolet airport limousine and traced it back to Rex and his family. Went and visited the family a few times, got some parts for the car, and got to know them pretty well. When Rex passed, my dad bought this from his wife, and a few years later my dad gave it to me hoping I would get it playable. Haven't had the time to dig in, and honestly I don't think I'll be able to do much with it except for on the guitar part.

Drak and StrangerNY like this.
  13. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Those are both really cool!

I'm eyeballing a Logan Esquire on the 'Verb. Tell me more about build and playability, please.

As for my most unique guitar, it's gotta be this one.

[​IMG]

- D

harpdog and tce63 like this.
  14. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

IMG_4058.JPG

bullfrogblues and dogmeat like this.
  15. stressdoubt

stressdoubt TDPRI Member

4C1F7648-00F3-46DC-A9DA-BA87DE3918EA.jpeg 9EF8F6E4-D3D6-463E-8A5D-7E9ACA3B2FEA.jpeg 6F6CBD33-22DE-4B02-91C5-ABFD08FC9653.jpeg Here is my 2003 Les Paul Junior Special Plus. It is a sort of hybrid between a Junior and a Special and was my first “proper” guitar - it’s certainly the most unique guitar I own!

16. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

The one I'm working on now... IMG_20201017_082724326.jpg

17. Falstaff1960

Falstaff1960 TDPRI Member

Nothing that unique. Having said that, this is Gretchen. She is a mid 1930's Gretsch arch top acoustic I have owned for about 40 years. The pick-guard, the bridge and one tuner button are replacements and one string post bushing is missing. I have the originals but they were disintegrating/falling apart. She is playable (and she is LOUD) up to the 8th fret but then some of the frets are sprouting out if the fret board top. Per her age I have been reluctant to tackle the repair job. She may be showing her age, but she sounds amazing and is my wifes favorite sounding guitar of all I have owned over the years and I have owned more than a hundred.
    unnamed.jpg unnamed-1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  18. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

wow that’s really cool, my Dad was a hand engraver and before he passed I was lucky enough to receive a beautiful gift of a pickguard he came out of retirement to engrave to 4616D38C-7CEF-4E43-883E-5F931D4A3552.jpeg adorn my Telecaster.......priceless.

Danny B., DeepDangler, Nubs and 2 others like this.
  19. DB Mass

DB Mass TDPRI Member

First time poster, long time stalker...

I just finished this little project:

I took a chance on a Cozart Snakehead for $125 on ebay. It was surprisingly nice, string through body, well routed and painted, however I didn't like the tuners.
    I had a few parts lying around so I swapped out the neck with an import neck I got on ebay a few months ago that was about 2mm too big for a GFS body - but it fit perfectly on here. Also I put Hipshot locking tuners on it, Graph tech trees, a tortoise Cabronita-style pickguard, individual brass saddle bridge, rail-style humbucker that I wired accept the Quick Plug output from the new GFS push/pull pots. Also upgraded the jack. This thing has the smallest control cavity I've ever seen (with no rear access), so the mini pots were all it could take, but they sound great.

So it's a little bit Snakehead, a little Cabronita, a little Esquire.
    I'm actually in love with this neck and really pleased with the overall outcome.

33333.jpg 11111.jpg 22222.jpg

20. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

You posted this the very day I left town on a camping trip, so I'm just now seeing this. But I've also seen that you've already pulled the trigger on a Logan in the intervening 8 days. So you no longer need me to tell you about build quality and playability. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.