What’s Your Local Guitar Store Like?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Kelleycaster, Feb 10, 2020.

1. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

charlie's music in beautiful hyannis mass.fender,marshall,martin, ibanez gretch, blackstar and a good pedal selection for a small shop.

Greggorios likes this.
  2. dmitri

dmitri Tele-Meister

Dale

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. GLee94

GLee94 TDPRI Member

I'm from a small town in Ohio. We have Guitar Guys there. Not a bad selection, but it's not a huge guitar scene in the area so they have had the same wall of fender custom shop strats + teles since i started going there at ~16. I'm currently 25. Typical lower-end range of squire, epiphone, jackson, schecter ect. Not a lot of mid-range stuff. It's basically like choosing from a Squire Classic Vibe, or a Fender CS...doesn't make a lot of sense in the area is all..

4. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Another small store nearby is Nova Music. Nova-Rae Bahr is the owner, and an ex-punk band front lady. Super person, super friendly place. I play there every Saturday morning. She does open mike nights regularly, and usually has a morsel or two up on the wall. They have a Reverb store, too.

[​IMG] upload_2020-2-13_9-40-7.png

Greggorios and gwjensen like this.
  5. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Meister

Dale lives nearby and still sells from his basement shop but nothing like it once was

6. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've been meaning to check them out for some time now. Keep hearing good things. I wonder if they've seen a good bump in business since Mandolin Brothers on S.I. closed?

7. dmitri

dmitri Tele-Meister

Yea I think he runs a lessons and recording studio now too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gardo likes this.
  8. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

:lol::lol:, I know what you mean...we've got several shops just the same.

Milspec likes this.
  9. mr newhaven

mr newhaven Tele-Afflicted

0EE4CBAE-062D-488B-9FED-3D6AE85A7054.jpeg 801C9955-9BB3-4607-822D-013F8FB0CEBA.jpeg I have a local guitar store in my town...it’s good for strings and accessories...they sell a lot of beginner guitars and ukes coupled with a lot of high end Taylor’s which aren’t my thing...they focus on lessons primarily, but I live in a wealthy town so every now and again some kid will trade in or sell the new American strat he got that didn’t make him a better guitar player or the Gibson Es he got that doesn’t play electronica lol! So there is some nice gear every now and again
    On a side note I did pick up a slick Kramer guitar from this shop about 2 months ago and it was killer so it has that going for it!

I’m just not into 4000 Taylor’s....sorry 0EE4CBAE-062D-488B-9FED-3D6AE85A7054.jpeg 801C9955-9BB3-4607-822D-013F8FB0CEBA.jpeg

Censport likes this.
  10. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

It's cool that he's still active.

dmitri likes this.
  11. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Holic

I live in Queens, NY, about 15 minutes from JFK airport. My local music store is the Sam Ash, Queens store, about 20 minutes away in the other direction.
    Lately, the last year or so, I've been taking the 45 minute subway ride into Manhattan, to go to the Manhattan, Sam Ash store.

Much more stock, and over $10,000 guitars to look at.

There's also a Guitar Center on 14th Street, but I prefer to deal with Sam Ash.

Mike

12. Pickingthru

Pickingthru TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Two hour to Danny D’S in League City, TX. Great store and very friendly staff.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.