What’s on the menu today?

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Conch and shrimp and fritters and slaw plated. I’m always thankful for fresh seafood. That’s a bottle of a Carolina bbq sauce where they inadvertently created a great fried seafood sauce. I don’t use it on pork but I love it on fish.

D0C9EB1F-0D45-448A-9A05-D9F7E57E7EA9.jpeg

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
8D481A13-5E86-4D14-BC39-CEA57F129DCB.jpeg

I’m in Canada. Thanksgiving here was about 6-7 weeks ago. Pretty chilly up here by then. We took our RV out camping. Met our friends. We made a massive turkey dinner with all the fixings. Yams. Brussel sprouts. Gravy, stuffing and more. Pumpkin pie and pumkin cheese cake options for dessert. It was fantastic as we all sat together and gobbled down the gobbler bird. Later we shared laughs around the open fire. Much swill was drank. About 13 of us together. Was a thanksgiving we won’t forget.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Conch and shrimp and fritters and slaw plated. I’m always thankful for fresh seafood. That’s a bottle of a Carolina bbq sauce where they inadvertently created a great fried seafood sauce. I don’t use it on pork but I love it on fish.

View attachment 923188

That looks great.
Seafood is always a blessing. It includes all the four major food groups: fish, shrimp, oysters, and crab!
:D

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
We are taking it light. Just me, mom and my sister.

Mom wanted to host but she’s really getting too old and frail to cook. She’s fussy about her unused kitchen being perfectly clean.

I said”mom I’ll take you to Sam’s club. They have nice home ready made dinners that you simply slide into the oven. We’ll pick one out. My treat.

We settled on a pan of chicken Alfredo over ziti that could feed 10 and a large spinach salad covered in walnuts and blueberries. We have nice croissants and a pumpkin pie.

Mom was able to get head head around that. She’s not worried now. Drama!

What cha eating?

Was just my household (wife, 2 kids, and my mother-in-law who has lived with us since her Parkinson's diagnosis)

We had turkey (after a 4 day dry brine), mac and cheese (I have to make this every year as it is the childrens' favourite), smashed potatoes with shallots, gravy, and steamed green beans. Costco provided the rolls and pumpkin pie.