What’s on the menu today?

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Cajun deep fried turkey. Yams, rolls, green bean casserole, and pies out the you know lol.

Attachments

• 6F69D06D-8EF1-4E69-8D6E-4EC82BE97240.jpeg
    6F69D06D-8EF1-4E69-8D6E-4EC82BE97240.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 41

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
The basics, and the wife n I are already in the kitchen. Gonna be a long day, but fun too. I have already eaten way too many cookies n sweets (hey, I was havin coffee while workin)
Turkey
Stuffing
Cranberries
Mashed potato’s
Gravy
Yams
Green bean something or other (why is this always part of these)
Salads
Some other veggies I am not sure of yet
Pumpkin pie

all will be home made, and it’s a ton of work. Hope to make the kids help this year.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
There is just two of us at home this year. This is the first time in 20 years I haven't gone to help feed the less fortunate. It was a nice run.

Whole turkey breast stuffed underneath and under the flap. I made the stuffing from scratch yesterday. Four quarts of it. I buttered down and spiced the breast and then stuffed it this morning. Just popped it in the oven. Going to eat at 2:30pm.
Roomie is making the traditional mashed potatoes and ears of corn. She will make the gravy from pan drippins in the roaster. Creme filled eclairs for dessert.
It's been in the 30s at night but nice today. Just about ready to put a fire in the fireplace and watch movies later.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
We are going up to Mrs. Enchilada's mom's place to gather with family.

Turkey (her mom's - we baste ours with lots of butter and garlic and white wine)
Stuffing of some kind
Mashed potatoes (we add a skosh of horseradish when we do 'em)
Yams in some kind of syrupy sauce
Various salads (her sisters are vegans and so are their daughters)
Cranberries (they actually never had 'em until I showed up)
Green bean casserole (we bring it)
Pumpkin and other assorted pies

I plan to have one plate and save room for pie.
We have an 18-pounder thawing that we'll roast here tomorrow.
What's life without leftovers?

Bon Appetit!

natec

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
We'll have 10 this year at our place.

Two bourbon pecan pies (done on the smoker yesterday. Big ham, and a Turkey breast (in the smoker today).

Wife made scratch Mac n cheese, and Chex mix for the kids. Also grandma's dinner rolls in a 16" cast iron skillet.

Friends are bringing various hot dish concoctions and beverages.

I'm the luckiest guy I know.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Patching servers, updating some network devices, a bunch of fixes I can only do in down/off times, update documentation, 2022 budget, some tasks for my disaster recovery site refresh, and Christmas bonus (end of year orders) for my CDW and Cisco reps.

We are in our second year of closing for holidays. It's wonderful to be able to get things done at home while family is round vs some of this stuff usually done between 11 PM - 5 AM. Meanwhile my family's doing amazing stuff with food.

I'm very relieved we (IT) delivered 100% uptime and not a single hiccup for our precious staff and customers for this holiday rush. Staff and customers are all pretty stressed these days so hoping all this stuff aids the increased work loads and business we have in December.

Time for the holiday, stress dropped. I got a pretty good work day in. Enjoy the holiday all!

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I expected to see turkey turkey turkey, but I’m relieved to find that we’re not the only ones doing something off the beaten path.

We went to the Keys for Thanksgiving a few times in the not-so-distant past - we’re home this year but cooking keys food to pretend we’re there lol.

Gonna fry conch and shrimp, and some conch fritters. Maybe a few hushpuppies too. Broccoli slaw is done and marrying in the fridge. Key Lime Pie for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving y’all :)

"It just so happens that I like conch chowder...." :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, your menu sounds fabulous!

I'm back on my own for holidays now, so I ordered a family meal from Denny's which I will pick up after work today. I'll make a green bean casserole to go with it if I have all the stuff at home, and treat the dogs to a bite of whatever is safe for them.

I don't mind leftovers, so it won't go to waste.

Here's the menu

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Screenshot_20211125-102138_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
We are taking it light. Just me, mom and my sister.

Mom wanted to host but she’s really getting too old and frail to cook. She’s fussy about her unused kitchen being perfectly clean.

I said”mom I’ll take you to Sam’s club. They have nice home ready made dinners that you simply slide into the oven. We’ll pick one out. My treat.

We settled on a pan of chicken Alfredo over ziti that could feed 10 and a large spinach salad covered in walnuts and blueberries. We have nice croissants and a pumpkin pie.

Mom was able to get head head around that. She’s not worried now. Drama!

What cha eating?
Turkey, stuffing, ham, cabbage stew, smashed potatoes, lentils, yams/sweet potatoes, bread rolls/biscuits, cucumber salad etc.