What’s on the menu today?

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
We are taking it light. Just me, mom and my sister.

Mom wanted to host but she’s really getting too old and frail to cook. She’s fussy about her unused kitchen being perfectly clean.

I said”mom I’ll take you to Sam’s club. They have nice home ready made dinners that you simply slide into the oven. We’ll pick one out. My treat.

We settled on a pan of chicken Alfredo over ziti that could feed 10 and a large spinach salad covered in walnuts and blueberries. We have nice croissants and a pumpkin pie.

Mom was able to get head head around that. She’s not worried now. Drama!

What cha eating?

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Fried chicken.
That weird green bean casserole
Homemade mac and cheese
Sweet potatoes with dates, walnuts and coconut cream
Mashed potatoes (I know but it’s what my kid wants, extra starches)
Pumpkin pie

Chicken has been in buttermilk and Cholula for about 30 hours.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Patching servers, updating some network devices, a bunch of fixes I can only do in down/off times, update documentation, 2022 budget, some tasks for my disaster recovery site refresh, and Christmas bonus (end of year orders) for my CDW and Cisco reps.

We are in our second year of closing for holidays. It's wonderful to be able to get things done at home while family is round vs some of this stuff usually done between 11 PM - 5 AM. Meanwhile my family's doing amazing stuff with food.

I'm very relieved we (IT) delivered 100% uptime and not a single hiccup for our precious staff and customers for this holiday rush. Staff and customers are all pretty stressed these days so hoping all this stuff aids the increased work loads and business we have in December.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Yep. At sisters. All the basics. But love mushroom gravy mashed potatoes and crescent rolls.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
I expected to see turkey turkey turkey, but I’m relieved to find that we’re not the only ones doing something off the beaten path.

We went to the Keys for Thanksgiving a few times in the not-so-distant past - we’re home this year but cooking keys food to pretend we’re there lol.

Gonna fry conch and shrimp, and some conch fritters. Maybe a few hushpuppies too. Broccoli slaw is done and marrying in the fridge. Key Lime Pie for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving y’all :)

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Porridge, with gruel for dessert.

I have to admit that I wished I had a working 12-gauge when this flock was milling around in the yard....

IMG_20211029_125151549.jpg

Must have been 15 or 20 birds.

Last edited:

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I happened to make fried rice last night. Shrimp for our pescatarian and chix thighs for the rest.

Friend is doing month of rice recipes and happened to post fried rice stuffed omelets last night. So tried that this morning. Delish!
C7E2EE77-79F6-4AF3-9380-4E50649F733F.jpeg

Typical turkey, stuffing and fixings mid afternoon. Omelets will tide over until then.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Second year I haven't cooked the turkey, the ex-sister-in-law is hosting and doing the turkey. I'm good with that.

I cooked rutabaga yesterday (boiled & mashed). Miz Diane pre-cooked the yellow squash casserole, oven is heating up now to finish it.

She also made her mom's "Indian pudding", an old New England thing with cornmeal, molasses, etc. Looks nasty, tastes too sweet...I don't eat it but it represents her childhood.

I'm sure there will be canned cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.

Much like Christmas, I'd prefer to get Chinese takeout...but we have to be social at least twice a year with the local relatives...

Gimble

Tele-Meister
Turkey
Sweet Potato Mash
Stove Top Stuffing
Green beans
Canned Cranberry Sauce
King Crab Legs with lemon garlic drawn butter
Shrimp cocktail
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cool Whip
Trader Joe’s Wine
Funky Buddha Beer

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The normal:
Turkey, which is roasting
Dressing, currently under construction
Seven Layer Salad
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Orange Jello with crushed pineapple mixed in.
Pecan, Pumpkin and Apple Pies. Bought at Publix. Hey were lazy.

Last edited:

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
I do the usual roasted turkey and giblet gravy with bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with honey & brown sugar, pumpkin pies. Haven’t decided on a vegetable but it’s kinda superfluous anyway. My eldest granddaughter brings her delicious macaroni & cheese and that’s cut way down on the quantity of stuff I cook.

Baked the pies last night, yams are cooking with russets next. We are eating late so turkey won’t go in for another hour +.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Holiday pizza.

My extended family all have normal jobs so they have a 4 day weekend while I only have today. They got together and decided that Friday was the day to gather as it worked for most schedules....except mine of course.

So, I eat pizza and deliver mail tomorrow while all others celebrate.