What’s is Your Real-World Minimum Pedal Board?

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I've been playing clean into my AI, but I need more. My current real-world minimum is a UA Woodrow and a DOD Compressor. I have reverb, delay, and flanger pedals from decades ago, but the DAW's pedals are better, so I don't need them. I also have a cry baby that I will put in the chain sometime. I need to put a lot more time in with the Woodrow. <Edit> I can't believe I'm looking for tone again after 45 years. :cool:

pedals.jpg

Last edited:

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
I keep it pretty lean, I don’t like to have more than five pedals (DOD 280 in picture replaced by Keeley Katana). If I had to choose one, I’d switch to a headstock tuner and go with the Barber Direct Drive. Amp has reverb and trem, so realistically one drive pedal is all I REALLY need.
16402F14-9875-41D7-B9DF-49FE540A664F.jpeg

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Since I kicked the PRRI and its onboard reverb to the curb, my Dan Echo has become an always-on. That plus a tube overdrive or two and I'm good; the rest is kinda superfluous or just for an occasional, y'know, effect.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This works fine and can be battery only, 2x9 for 18v AD.
4A0A9215-4119-4BAF-ADDD-510A5D7E5BCF.jpeg

This is better still but requires a 22v 1a PS.
131442DE-72BA-4D20-8F81-2F36E50B2432.jpeg

Depending on the music I can use two small dirt pedals on this little board, but I really dont use dirt pedals for distortion, just shaped flavored boost.
Unless Muff, then pedal dirt for sure, but only if the music has a place for that.

Last edited:

runstendt

Tele-Holic
I’ve been using primarily modeling pedals instead of amps for over a decade, so my smallest pedal board has to account for that. The only other pedals I “need” for my current band are a talk box and a wireless receiver. For a while I was using this board to gig, because I was testing the Zoom pedal as a backup to my main board.

D2E43542-5AA3-4D07-A29B-EA8DF72B012F.jpeg

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I guess my Valeton GP-100 multi-effects would be the smallest of what I currently have. It's what I'll take on trips.

As for actual pedals, cut back to a bare minimum, I'll say 3. Orange Kongpressor compressor, Peavey Hotfoot Distortion (Rat clone) and Keeley Caverns reverb/delay.

codamedia

Poster Extraordinaire
A dirt pedal, a compressor and a delay. Anything more is a bonus, anything less is a compromise. Not that I couldn't get the job done, I'd just feel like something was missing.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
90 percent of the time I just plug straight into my amp.
It's fun to have an OD pedal sometimes.
A bit of reverb is nice when it's just me playing solo guitar backing our singer.

Absolute minimum, I'm happy just going straight to the amp.