1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What’s Better, Cats or Dogs? (And Why?)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Jan 15, 2021.

What’s better, cats or dogs?

1. Cats (State reason below.)

2. Dogs (State reason below.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

Them mans are worrying about apostrophe's.

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

We run a wildlife triage when the ambulance crashes in our yard and recently nursed a very mangled possum back to health.
    His face had ripped off chunks and teeth had been knocked out, thought he lost an eye until the swelling went down.
    He was a perfect gentleman though he hated that first bath.
    Two months and out he went.
    Haven’t seen him since but others visit nightly.

Steerforth and EsquireOK like this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh no is there a cure for the postrophe?

Steerforth likes this.
  4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

We see an animal in the bird feeder platform one night. My wife says, "Here, kitty, kitty". It turns, baring its teeth. She lets out squeak and jumps behind me as the possum climbs down and wanders off.

posssum3.png

5. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

What's the difference, really?

It's 6am and they want breakfast...

Message_1472291805663.jpg

Steerforth and EsquireOK like this.
  6. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

Yeah, but the cure is administered by commanists.

7. KirbyBarba

KirbyBarba TDPRI Member

upload_2021-1-18_19-7-22.png

Steerforth and Alex_C like this.
  8. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

Thank you so much! They are really incredible animals, and good for humanity and the environment.

telemnemonics and Steerforth like this.
  9. Alex_C

Alex_C Tele-Meister

We have both, currently five dogs and three cats. I prefer cats because they are less needy and less annoying. Both dogs and cats are destructive. Cats are cleaner, but then there is the daily scooping of cat waste. Dogs are much dirtier but they usually go to the bathroom outside, if you don't get tied up at work. If you get home much later than expected, you come home to a god awful stench and a mess. Dogs keep bad people away. Cats kill pests. I love our furry kids, but watching dog drool get flung onto the wall, my arm or my face is truly disgusting. I'd rather scoop litter for a month vs. dog drool hitting me in the eye.

Steerforth and black_doug like this.
  10. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

All my life I've had both. And we currently have both in our household. We have two cats that are 10+ years old, both rescues (Celeste on the left and Annie on the right in the first pic below), and a 4 year old Bocker Speagle (Beagle/Cocker Spaniel mix named Bella). And they all know I am the soft touch when it comes to begging at the table.

upload_2021-1-18_18-12-44.png
    upload_2021-1-18_18-13-7.png

I am fond of the cats, but I love Bella. The cats treat me as though I'm little more than warm-blooded furniture. Bella suffers separation anxiety if we even leave her to go out to lunch. But when we get back home, all is forgiven and forgotten, and she is elated. When we go out, she sulks.

upload_2021-1-18_21-50-16.png

If you want a mouser, get a cat. If you want a pet that pays no attention to you until feeding time, get a cat. If you want love and devotion, if you want to be adored, get a dog.

Steerforth likes this.
  11. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

My cat died last spring. After my breakup, she took the other cat and left the dog with me, probably buying time since her parents couldn't handle it with their 4 dogs, probably planning on getting it from me once she got her own place. After about a month I ended up packing that dog up and bringing it over there anyway. I couldnt stand it any longer. Hyper and crazy young golden retriever. Couldn't manage her on my own. Bye bye. No more dog crap on the carpet, no more hair everywhere, I can leave my stuff out without it getting ruined. Peace...

Chickens! They live outside where animals should be. They give me eggs. I feed them for free with expired food I take home from work. Low maintenance and they provide for me. Perfect pet.

KirbyBarba and Steerforth like this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

We have one dog, and no cats. I like cats, but I'm allergic to almost every one I come in contact with. So, no cats here. For the about thirty years we always had two dogs. When Toto and Bella left us, we were dog-less for a while, but now we have little Alex. He's perfect for us, because for a while during the day, he buddies up with momma, then he'll buddy up with me. So we just have Alex. He seems genuinely our dog, so that's cool.

Steerforth likes this.
  13. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

Cats are nice, but dogs are man's best friend.

One stays at home doing his thing, the other can follow you everywhere you go (almost).

Steerforth likes this.
  14. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I post above that I have both, and prefer our dog Bella. Overall, I think dogs are better pets than cats. But in my life one cat was the exception that proved the rule.

He was a polydactyl tabby runt that was abandoned in an apartment complex. My kids were visiting a friend that lived there, and they found the kitten and brought him home. Now each one of my kids already had their own cat at the house, so the last thing I wanted was another cat. They knew that, so they hid him out in the garage apartment where my son slept.

After a day or so, they came clean and brought him in to show my wife and me. I reacted just like my kids thought I would: "We're NOT keeping that kitten!" At that point, my son held him out so I could see the kitten's forepaws, and then said, "But he's got THUMBS!"

upload_2021-1-19_0-22-31.png

I agreed this little polydactyl was cute and quite unique, but I still was determined to give him away. I picked up the phone and called a friend I thought might want him. No answer. As I sat there trying to think of someone else to call, Rocky clicked his way across our hardwood floors towards me on the couch. (In addition to extra digits, he had a non-retractable claw growing in between the "thumb" and "forefingers" of each paw, so he clicked when he walked.)

He crawled up my leg, across my belly, and settled underneath my beard and just started purring like crazy. I put the phone down. I knew in that moment that I had just been adopted. I named him Rocky, because when he curled his forepaws in front of himself as cats are wont to do, those extra digits made him look like he was wearing boxing gloves. So...Rocky.

And from that very first experience, Rocky was my cat. My son and youngest daughter were the ones that rescued him, but for whatever reason he chose me to bond with. I've always said that he must've figured me for another gray tabby.

Rocky wanted to be with me every minute of every day. He slept at my feet, except during winter, when he would make his way under the covers and lay down on top of my beard. When I worked at my desk, he would position himself with his hindquarters in my lap and his forepaws between me and the keyboard.

upload_2021-1-19_0-26-32.png

Rocky was as loving and loyal and devoted as a dog. He lived a little more than 14 years (November of 1994 - January 2009), and died in my arms. Best cat I ever had. In fact, I'd say he was the best pet I've ever had, until we got our dog Bella. She's at least Rocky's equal.

15. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

Dogs, they just love you, cats you just feed

Steerforth likes this.
  16. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

Dogs are OK, but I don't like cats because they walk all over everything like they own the place, all the while showing you their butts.
    I get really pissed when my GF's cats paw through their litter box, then get up on the kitchen counter, where she PREPARES MY FOOD! I scare the crap outta them & they disappear for hours.
    What I REALLY prefer is ferrets & Prairie Dogs. Here are 3 Doogs 005.jpg of mine.

Steerforth likes this.
  17. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

We have 1 dog and 1 cat. Both are a great pita. The dog wants to be a cat and the cat acts like a dog. Both act in similar ways. The cat is a guard and anything he doesn't like in the yard, he will go outside and chase it off. While the dog will bark at any little unfamiliar sound. The dog a fb1 45# goldendoodle mutt would like to be like a cat and cuddle, sleep and be petted. Cat is 9# will follow you around the house and outdoors, will come, sit, lie down and roll over. The dog has to be washed and clipped every 2 weeks. What is funny is that my son is a tiger and daughter is a dog in Chinese astrology; so there is the respective "Tiger Club" and the "Dog House"

Steerforth likes this.
  18. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Cats
    You don't have to walk them
    and you can go away for weekend.
    and just leave them food.

wrathfuldeity and Steerforth like this.
  19. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

Dogs, because they (usually) don't p00p in the house.
    Cats, because most are not clingy.

Steerforth likes this.
  20. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

Plants:

1) Don't bark.

2) Don't need to be walked.

3) Don't kill birds.

4) Only need to be watered once a week.

5) Can be left in the house alone for days and you won't return to find massive destruction.

6) Don't wake you up in the middle of the night.

7) Don't scratch the furniture.

8) Don't ransack the kitchen looking for food.

9) Don't shed.

10) Look nice.

gobi_grey, KirbyBarba, uriah1 and 3 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.