1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What’s Better, Cats or Dogs? (And Why?)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Jan 15, 2021.

What’s better, cats or dogs?

1. Cats (State reason below.)

2. Dogs (State reason below.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

I live on a ranch with a variety of animals, not just dogs and cats, though they’re here, too. I even feed the birds, and have a lot of different species that are regular visitors.

For some reason, animals have always loved me. And when I walk out the back door in the morning to go feed the animals, the enthusiastic greeting that I receive from all the living creatures in the vicinity kind of makes me feel like a rock star or something, LOL!

:lol::lol::lol:

rcole_sooner and trev333 like this.
  2. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

3. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

Screenshot-2020-09-18-at-13.36.37.jpg Guide cats for the blind?
    Sheep cats?
    Mountain rescue cats?
    Police and Customs sniffer cats?

Cats are selfish assholes, dogs are mans best friend.

KirbyBarba, goonie and Steerforth like this.
  4. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Once while I was fishing in a very quiet reservoir in central Virginia on a warm mid-summer morning, I had a sudden feeling that I was being looked at through a rifle scope. I turned around in the canoe seat to see that I'd drifted into a big cove. At the far end of which, sitting at the tree-line, was a big bobcat. I stayed still and let the canoe drift me closer. It didn't take its eyes off me, either. When I was about 15 feet away, it turned and strolled into the dark woods. With one tail-flick to let me know what it thought of me.

"Too ugly to hunt, too mushy to eat, might be eventually missed by other ug-mush bipeds who'd then invade my space looking for that...thing."

I have to say, felines are one helluva murder machine. By the time they size you up, you're already dead, if they want it. I really sympathize with anyone stalked by a Big Cat, which I really respect. Nature coalesces some serious purpose-built things.

And little ones can be amusingly weird in ways that dogs can't. I love when they do the Nosferatu Dance:

tomkatf, black_doug and Steerforth like this.
  5. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Dogs. I suppose both are pets for different lifestyles.
    However, my lifestyle is ok for a dog. She wants to be with me every minute.
    In their nature, they love their life, but they will risk or give their life for you... I had one do that as a thief tried him. Cowardly thief... killed my hero when I was 11. The older I get them more I appreciate that. I cried and still do.

RoscoeElegante and Steerforth like this.
  6. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

My mom and dad never liked cats. So, we never had cats when I was growing up.

During several relationships I was exposed to cats. They're okay.

Really don't like going to someone's house and smelling the cat box when you walk through the door.:eek:

Those things need to be cleaned everyday.

I'm just more of a dog person. Cats are okay if they live in the barn and eat mice.;)

Steerforth likes this.
  7. MrDeafeningGuitar

MrDeafeningGuitar TDPRI Member

My vote goes for cats.... I deeply admire how they wear their independence badge:)

Steerforth likes this.
  8. Rockinvet

Rockinvet Tele-Afflicted

For me it's a dog. They are more faithful companions than cats but, that's my opinion.

Steerforth likes this.
  9. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

Yes

Steerforth likes this.
  10. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

not being on a farm we do have to walk our doggie-wogs, and if you're not mindful cati-wats can play you for fool.

Steerforth and Tommy Biggs like this.
  11. lidesnowi

lidesnowi TDPRI Member

I love both dogs and cats and I usually prefer their company over people because they have zero ego, they listen and have sharp instincts, too bad they can not play musical instruments, they would have been the perfect band members.

Steerforth likes this.
  12. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dogs are better at barking and cats are better at going "Meow, meow" and "Pew pew madafakas!"

427352B3-10DD-4215-84F4-6EA36E8DF827_1_105_c.jpeg

KirbyBarba and Steerforth like this.
  13. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

Cat's poop in the house....like, on purpose. :cool:

Stillhouse, Steerforth and goonie like this.
  14. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

This is going to be a dog crowd, I predict...though cat folk will make a showing.

I have nine cats (split between two locations), and I have never had a dog.

I feed neighborhood cats, and try to capture and sterilize whenever possible. If possible to domesticate, I take them in or pass them to good homes. If not, I just release and keep them as healthy as I can as they live their feral lives.

I also have a possum living under my trailer. I feed it nightly healthy meals of leafy and cruciferous vegetables mixed with water packed sardines with no added sodium. It has grown from juvenile to young adult over the past five months. They are normally nomadic, but this one stays put.

Occasionally, skunks will steal the possum's food. I can always tell when a skunk has partaken, because they make a huge mess of the water bowl. The possum is quite neat in comparison.

I like other people's dogs just fine. But they aren't for me as live-in companions.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Steerforth and telemnemonics like this.
  15. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Dogs accept you as a leader no matter how stupid you are. Being married so long, I find that comforting at this point in my life.

Steerforth, tomkatf and BigDaddyLH like this.
  16. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

At my age, Cats, and ONLY if they stay outside 95% of the time. Meaning to come in to eat, sleep occasionally, and event of a bad storm or hurricane. My last dog, and Dobermann (Kyanne) passed away on Christmas Day. Chow Chow passed last year. They are expensive to own and care for if you are "up in years" and on Social Security. Also you don't need something tripping you and making you break a hip. Esp. true for small inside dogs. Also, they are akin to a ball and chain in that you just can't leave and go places for any great length of time. Most motels and hotels are NOT pet friendly. If they are, get ready for the deposit. Wanna board them? Get ready and bend over (around here at least). I can't imagine doing that for 3 or 4 weeks.
    All said, I still have my Swamp Cat that I found as a tiny fuzzball at a fishing camp living on crickets and lizards I guess and I've had her with me for over 12 years. I found her outside and she loves to STAY outside except to eat mostly and then woosh, right back outside. No more animals for this olde boy after she is gone. But being the one left and my last, I have to choose her in my situation.
    Kyanne

Steerforth and black_doug like this.
  17. aeyeq

aeyeq Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

From Jasper Red’s Jazz Talk comedy special:

Cats don’t help the cops search my apartment. Cats don’t show the hunters where the other animals are.

Dogs are snitches, man!

Had dogs growing up, loved them. When I took up with the missus she had two cats. Once I got into how they roll I learned to really like them.

We always have a male and female, some kind of tabby. Been through about five now and I like the little weirdos.

Steerforth likes this.
  18. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

If I left my dogs alone for three days, they would poop and pee in the house just like the cats.

19. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Humans.
    I love them all, every last one of ‘em!

Dogs & cats I’m more picky about...

Steerforth likes this.
  20. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

And, what about them mans?

Steerforth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.