1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What’s Better, Cats or Dogs? (And Why?)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Jan 15, 2021.

What’s better, cats or dogs?

1. Cats (State reason below.)

2. Dogs (State reason below.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Mary Ann.

Also, dogs.

Both, easily and by far.

Steerforth likes this.
  2. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Dog’s Diary
    8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

- - - - - - - - -

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously an idiot. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

3. Cadillac_Mike

Cadillac_Mike Tele-Meister

tenor.gif

Steerforth and telestratosonic like this.
  4. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read in a long time.

Deathray, Steerforth and micpoc like this.
  5. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Disclaimer: I grew up with a cat, sometimes two, in the house. My paternal grandparents, whom I spent a few weeks with every summer and sometimes a week at Easter and Christmas, had a big cat named Wilfred. So, I am not against cats.

However, I'm a dog guy. Smaller dogs. We have an 11 year old Yorkiepoo right now. Why a dog? This explains it partly: "Lord (or sky wizard, et cetera), let me be the man my dog thinks I am." Cats bes cats.

Steerforth likes this.
  6. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Dogs are for people who resent (or fear) the cat's independence.

Steerforth likes this.
  7. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Dogs. I need to be needed but occasionally totally ignored.

Steerforth likes this.
  8. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I can appreciate that you would feel that. I a man that does not like dogs comes around, keep any eye on him , even the cats know to be careful around that man. And while your at it, keep and eye on your woman.

Steerforth likes this.
  9. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

Cats can almost singlehandedly control the rodent population, which itself has caused some of the most deadly diseases in the history of mankind. That alone is enough to justify the existence of cats.

10. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

You need both on a farm! But I don't live on a farm.
    I'll go with dogs being superior because you can take them on a walk.

ping-ping-clicka and Steerforth like this.
  11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

It's a bit like asking "what's better a tele or a strat" There is no real answer.
    Dogs; Faithful, loving, easy to get extremely attached, more work, cant leave home long.
    Cats: may be loving, more independent, you can leave home for maybe up to a week.

black_doug and Steerforth like this.
  12. CCK1

CCK1 Tele-Meister

Dogs, because they care what you're thinking, doing or feeling. The ancient Egyptians regarded cats as deities to be worshiped, the cats have not forgotten this. Basically cats don't give a ****, and they get on the hood of my car with muddy paws...

RoscoeElegante and Steerforth like this.
  13. Tuneup

Tuneup Tele-Holic

Better at what? Dogs are more useful, they have a greater bond with humans IMO.
    That said I don't mind cats.

Steerforth likes this.
  14. David Barnett

Cats pretty much come out of the box knowing how to be a cat. All you have to do is house and feed them, provide a clean litter box, be kind to them and play. A dog is like raising a child, you have to teach and train them, there's a great deal of responsibility that comes with that. With the potential for a great reward - a life companion who can go anywhere with you. If you take a cat away from home, it will run away at the first opportunity.

15. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

Dogs for sure. Can your cat drag the snowman's right arm home from a walk?

Picking up sticks.JPG

Steerforth and RoscoeElegante like this.
  16. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Very much a dog person. With rare exceptions, they are one of the planet's great joys. For all the reasons so many have laid out over millennia.

Cats...mostly reptiles pretending to be mammals. Those freaky snake-slit eyes. The hissing. The cold calm of their sadistic murders of not just mice but chipmunks, squirrels, birds. Born to kill, and to care only about themselves.

But some of 'em are very affectionate. No conscience, as a dog can have, but affection. So there's that. Sometimes.

That said, I get a huge kick out of cats who feistily take on big dogs. (Even if much of that is just them practicing their murder-chipmunks skills.) This is one of my favorite while-doing-the-dishes clips:

The coyote is charmingly sniveling in his attack methods. And just beautiful, in his Stalin's-pet way. But the cat is the hero. "You think you're fooling anyone pretending to be civilized, canine? I'm a cat. Respect my meaning!"

17. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I love them both , dogs have the capability to understand at least 200 words /comands , mean while humans understand one dog word .....bark.
    Dogs watch the alpha in the house to learn all they can , Harlo learned 15 silent hand commands and executes them flawlessly he learned these with in the first 2 weeks after we got him, he even says please if he wants something ( a low quiet huff ) he asks permission to come up on the beds
    so dogs are smarter than humans .....
    cats as a species saught out humans as a companions, instinctively and are super affectionate , if all humans disappeared off the planet today ,domestic cats would /could evolve into a larger species about the size of bob cats or lynx and their hunting skills would be ferocious ( EG european wild cats)

the question is like asking are potatoes better than tomatoes, ( rather redundant)

Steerforth likes this.
  18. David Barnett

A 150 lb dog is a mastiff or great dane. A 150 lb cat is a mountain lion or leopard.

Steerforth likes this.
  19. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

135569562_10226233398210188_8701431800253137908_n.jpg 16730310_10211928792352577_6279254617266858048_n.jpg Dogs...I mean come on, it's not even an actual question. :cool:

20. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

They do need their mom to show them things like how to catch rodents. A while back we had a former farm cat and a couple of house raised cats who had never been outdoors. When we had mice get in the house the house raised cats were interested in them briefly, like a new toy, but were pretty clueless about dispatching the rodents. The farm cat made short work of the ones he caught, no fooling around for him.

Steerforth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.