Wet/Dry vs Blend w/Tremolo?

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by WarBeer, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WarBeer

WarBeer TDPRI Member

I don't use effects much...but I've always dug the nostalgic vibe of Tremolo. However, I don't find the drop-out conducive to my style of playing. Curious about if it was run wet/dry or maybe split with a Xotic X-Blender or something. Maybe even a pedal with a solid mix/blend/level control.Where it's SUPER subtle as the original tone is most prevalent. Would this work at all...maybe a slight warble? ...or would this completely loose the effect since it's amplitude? Not sure is a singe speaker rig would be able to shine without conflict. Anyone have any experience messing with this type of goal?

2. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I think you're just looking for a Tremolo with a volume knob... the volume knob lets you compensate for the drop in volume as the Tremolo goes up and down.

WarBeer likes this.
  3. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's

I haven't tried a tremolo pedal blended with dry signal except using two amps, one with amp tremolo on and the other with no tremolo. It sounded fine, made the tremolo more subtle, but in a different way than just turning the depth of the tremolo down.

I agree with @beninma that if you're only trying to solve the perceived drop in volume when tremolo is engaged, just get a trem pedal with volume control. It seems like most of them have it these days. Then you can keep the depth control low if you want subtle.

You can also experiment with pedal order, putting tremolo early in the chain so the tremolo effect is partly washed out by delay and reverb, if you use those.

You might get more input if you post in the Stomp Box forum on this site rather than the pedal owners forum.

WarBeer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.