Westminster Effects

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by JuneauMike, Apr 7, 2020.

1. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

This is a cool pedal I bought direct from Westminster. The only experience I have with compressor pedals was a Dyna Comp two-knob that worked ok, but seemed very limited for my uses. I was looking for something transparent that only compresses volume spikes and otherwise stays out of the way. This showed up yesterday; a Calvin Compressor.

I've only been able to play with this for a little bit last night. But I've thoroughly enjoyed the art work on the pedal itself. These guys have a great sense of humor (the orange color, 5-knobs, the tulips. It's all there).

calvin.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on the settings, feel free. I'm not into chicken pickin' and as I said I'm really looking to use this as a utility tool to either normalize all the volume differences or otherwise stretch out the sustain for other effects.

ravindave_3600 likes this.
  2. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

I use my comp to lengthen tones and give a volume boost. Mostly to make me sound indiscernibly more like Santana.

I agree with you about the clever Calvin cues on that pedal but personally went with the less versatile but equally clever Edward the Compressor.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.