Wenge/Ebony T-style buildup!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Ape Factory, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ape Factory

Ape Factory TDPRI Member

So it looks like the Fralin Blues Special wins for me. It naturally matches the Unbucker a bit better than the Don Mare. The Mare has a bit more bite and less bass. The mare was 6.6K and the Fralin was 7.4. I still have a set of Klea Ebay pickups coming (single tele neck and bridge) and may test the Mare with that. I was getting some exceptional tones with the Zep-o-tone with a Toneking Imperial and Mesa Stiletto so it's probably worth keeping depending on what flavor I'm going after.

2. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Holic

Dude that is awesome!!!! Where did those killer knobs come from. Please tell me.

3. Ape Factory

Ape Factory TDPRI Member

I think they're right in your home state! Austin to be exact...
    If I had to do it again, I might see if they'd make a set with a 1/4 reduction in height since I use the reverse control layout with the switch at the back. Would make hitting the heavy curl knobs more difficult and I'd have fewer lacerations on my picking hand. I jest of course but it was one of those "touch a hot pan" moments. Do it once and you won't soon do it again. But quality stuff none the less.

http://www.armadilloguitar.com/shop...th=2_4&zenid=6b0be46e4c60da777b28dca715c7c2cf

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.