1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wendy Melvion's Rickenbackers.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

[​IMG]
    I guess we all know this one: here's Wendy Melvoin during the "Purple rain" tour playing her modified Rickenbacker 330, which according to an interview she did for Premier guitar magazine was modified by substituting the stock pickups for G&L MFD Single coils and filling the body up so it wouldn't feedback.

She also said that Prince gave her the guitar because he figured that a big, wide guitar looked good on her.

But what she also said in that interview was that there was another one, she actually had two for use on that tour. And they both were stolen after the "Parade" tour ended.

I found footage of Wendy playing the other one.

At 16 seconds in, there she is playing the second one and it's a mapleglo one with the controls different and what looks like a slanted bridge pickup.
    1 wendy.jpg
    Note also the amp, I'm not sure if it's hers or Prince's but that's no doubt a Mesa Boogie

2. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

3. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Why am I thinking of Wendy's Baconator?

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Simply because you haven’t heard Eroica...

nojazzhere likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.