well, the new saddles and tuners made an amazing guitar perfect.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
so I was having trouble with the non notched saddles and the hellish tuners, don't try and re-invent the wheel! I chose the plastic tip tuners just to make the guitar that bit lighter than it already is (this is some really beautiful light ash) beautiful upgrade you can't go wrong with split shaft klusons! I like the look too. the 21mm saddles have now brought everything in so I don't slip off the fretboard and everything stays in it's place (it's an o.c.d thing) seriously nice playing and sounding guitar here, it sounds just the same with new saddles whatever they are made of? they were in my box of bits, still got that great spank man!
20220913_220045.jpg
20220913_215445.jpg
20220913_215436.jpg
20220913_215427.jpg
20220913_215415.jpg
20220913_215456.jpg
20220913_215404.jpg

Last edited:

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
White tuner buttons!

Classy!

Steel saddles! RIGHT ON!

I’m not sure it shaved off that much weight;)
haha a little weight removed from headstock, not that I had any kind of neck dive no way. I just really like light guitars.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The difference between metal buttons, and plastic, exists but it sure is a small amount. But, it looks excellent and the alignment of the strings looks just perfect. Very nice.

But you made me laugh, when you said you liked light guitars, as that big "J" body is always more mass than the same piece of wood (blank) made into a T body. I finally ended up cutting my "J" body down in overall size/profile - it was just too heavy in typical "Northern" ash in stock form.

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
The difference between metal buttons, and plastic, exists but it sure is a small amount. But, it looks excellent and the alignment of the strings looks just perfect. Very nice.

But you made me laugh, when you said you liked light guitars, as that big "J" body is always more mass than the same piece of wood (blank) made into a T body. I finally ended up cutting my "J" body down in overall size/profile - it was just too heavy in typical "Northern" ash in stock form.
oh man no this guitar is really light, compared to my tele and actually my chambered gretsch this is the lightest.

mystichands

Tele-Meister
so I was having trouble with the non notched saddles and the hellish tuners, don't try and re-invent the wheel! I chose the plastic tip tuners just to make the guitar that bit lighter than it already is (this is some really beautiful light ash) beautiful upgrade you can't go wrong with split shaft klusons! I like the look too. the 21mm saddles have now brought everything in so I don't slip off the fretboard and everything stays in it's place (it's an o.c.d thing) seriously nice playing and sounding guitar here, it sounds just the same with new saddles whatever they are made of? they were in my box of bits, still got that great spank man! View attachment 1028185 View attachment 1028187 View attachment 1028188 View attachment 1028189 View attachment 1028190 View attachment 1028193 View attachment 1028191
I like the ivory/plastic buttons! I’m thinking about swapping out my Gotoh vintage for those on your guitar. Either that, or new Bensonite brass saddles.