1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Well now there are three! Nope,4

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Sybo, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

I have a bad GAS problem.... let’s just leave it there...

Having a Fender FM HH tele, and a MIM Standard tele already, plus a Custom Shop pre- order due in November, I felt I was set with my Teles.

I had a New PRS S2 Studio I bought/ horse traded for a few months ago, that I could never get the low E string buzz rung out . I took it back to the brick and mortar where it was obtained and the techs couldn’t get it out, ( there are some GREAT techs here in Nashville.)

So, back to PRS it went. 4 weeks later, it’s back!!!!! Buzzing like a Mother Trucker!! Luckily I know the owner of the store and he was present when it/I arrived. One strum and all I could say is “unacceptable”, so I hear, “get him another guitar”. Well, there were no more “S2 Specials” available let alone black/ tortoise. So I go on a hunt in the store.

Hmmmmmm, Strats, have3, nothing pulls at me. Then I get to the Teles. I never totally felt the love for one till my friend, Andy T of the Andy T- Nick Nixon Band tore down my MIM Tele and installed some really old Seymore Duncan pups. Valhalla!!!!!!! I’m hooked (that’s a whole nother wonderful story)

There it was, an American Professional, natural wood, that plays and sounds just right, no doubts at all. It also is a twin (except for the scratch plate that I changed) as my natural wood American Professional Strat!! After some horse trading I walked out with one of the BEST feeling/ playing/ sounding Tele I’ve played out of the box!! I’m stoked and gotta show it off..
    https://imgur.com/a/iqax3J1

2. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Holic

Very nice! I've been thinking lately I might want a matched pair of guitars, though I have no idea why.

3. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Those AmPro Teles are the dogs dangly bits. Bought mine in 2017. I’d read the reviews and just sat down with one in my local shop. Sensing my GAS, the guy I deal with casually asked how I liked it. ‘It’s OK’ , I replied, but I don’t need another guitar and, anyway, for me a Tele just has to be Butterscotch Blonde’. ‘Me too’, he said, and disappeared into the back. Thirty seconds later he’s standing in front of me with a broad grin and a BSB in his hand. ‘Bit like this?’. Well, five minutes later and I had to buy it ‘cos I’d dribbled all over it!

Regarding matched pairs, last week I got where I want to be. AmSeries Strat and AmPro Tele in BSB. MIM Traditional Strat and Tele in red and Affinity Strat and Tele in Imperial Blue.

GAS has subsided, well, at the moment!

Sybo likes this.
  4. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

THAT sounds like e REAL nice group there!!!! That would keep anybody busy!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.