Well, I've Hit Rock Bottom

KidRob

TDPRI Member
Man that sucks. If there's anything I can offer it's this. After having been through 2 similar lawsuits, one on each side, and having sat on a jury for another, I will say that I wouldn't continue to hang your hat on the outcome of your trial for all your financial problems getting resolved. In fact, you might should proceed as if you'll get nothing, which might happen. I hope for you and your families' sake this is not the case, but be prepared.
I've considered that 1stpitch. You don't know what a jury will do. It's one of the dreads that caused my wife to breakdown. At this point, to me, its not even about money, but more about mercy. I just wanted to provide for my family, to keep driving, and my plan was to put my wife in the truck with me after her mother passes away and take her out to see this country. What a big, wonderful, beautiful nation we live in. I mean, I've seen the Black Hills of the Dakotas and Wyoming. The Redwood Forests. The sunrises over the Atlantic and the sunsets over the Pacific. I've seen the rolling prairies of Kansas and the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico. I've seen the sweetness of the grass in the Corolinas and Tennessee, the tall pines of Georgia. And I really wanted her to see those things with me. I have to live with whatever happens, regardless.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Damn... bad stuff has stacked up until it's a big pile. The only way out is persistence, which you've demonstrated amply. Keep on, brother. We're pulling for you.

Perhaps there's a pro bono legal service you qualify for that could take on the SSA.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I went through something sorta similar and I'm still going through it. No police deaths though. Did you appeal your SS denial? I heard that well over 90% get denied on the initial application. I applied when I was 54 and denied. Appealed. It took 2 and a half yrs to get before a judge but was approved. I couldn't tell if you were waiting for that or if you were pursuing other actions.

" You earned it, you keep it." Don't be too proud to accept help. Great Americans jump to help but can only do it if the other side agrees to receive. You can always pay it back or pay it forward when things settle down.

And Job. That book got me through, and still does, the remnants of a very rough divorce. It was unbelievable. But, for the first time in nearly 4 yrs, I talked with my oldest son yesterday. Miracles happen.

KidRob

TDPRI Member
I appreciate all the encouragement and support from all you guys. I'm thinking of listing a few of my guitars and amps that I've collected over the years for sale on here. They're not bad guitars and amps at all, and one of them is a brand new unplayed Harley Benton acoustic electric that I got a few years ago. If I could sell these it would at least bring in some income, even if temporarily. So if any of you guys (and gals) that read this want to help me out, let me know and I'll list them with photos and descriptions to the best of my ability. I promise you they are nice guitars and amps, barely played or used since I was a truck driver and never really got a chance to use them that much. Keep in mind these are not exotic or rare guitars and boutique amps. They are just your "average" guitars but that doesn't mean they're not good instruments. I'm VERY particular when it comes to buying inexpensive gear as I try to get the best bang for the buck so to speak. I do a lot of research before purchasing and read a lot of reviews. So if you, or someone you know may be looking at some inexpensive but really good guitars and amps let me know and I'll try to get them up on here by the end of coming week. I really do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers and best wishes. I'll get through this somehow, God willing.

Dave Skowron

Tele-Meister
I sense that your faith in God is strong. That will get you through more than any lawyer will. Prayers are very powerful.