Well, It's here, take out your wallets AVRI II

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I KNEW they would eventually put those CuNiFes in a standard model. I won't buy one outright, as I'm not a fan of the 7.25" radius, but when The Stratosphere starts chopping them, I would definitely buy a WRHB-loaded body and put my own neck on it...

ACTUALLY, I've changed my mind. I'll buy a Lake Placid Blue one, first time I can score a deal.

Last edited:

rawgerpaper

TDPRI Member
About to order a 63 CS haha, good thing I didnt and was hesitant haha. This is a game changer. And the price range similar to my ultra tele sheesh. Might wanna try em 63's and those 61 strats are nice.

rhythmjones

Tele-Holic
I KNEW they would eventually put those CuNiFes in a standard model. I won't buy one outright, as I'm not a fan of the 7.25" radius, but when The Stratosphere starts chopping them, I would definitely buy a WRHB-loaded body and put my own neck on it...

ACTUALLY, I've changed my mind. I'll buy a Lake Placid Blue one, first time I can score a deal.

They sell them as parts, and they were in the AOs

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
The white 61 strat....oh my. Unfortunately they are IMO as fenders have been for a while now way over priced and on principal alone I'll pass. Much much better deals to be had on older used vintage series or MIM classic series when they were made as well and used rosewood etc.Or put together a partscater which used to be too expensive but now can be done cheaply by comparison. Haven't been able to see myself buy any fenders new for a while now.

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
The 51 Tele looks almost like they’ve gone back closer to the AVRI Pumpkin finish, as opposed to the lighter blonde on the AV/PV line…interesting.

I’m also wondering if these will have the finish that flakes off when you look at it like the PVs. I don’t see any “flash coat” type buzzwords in any of the descriptions, so maybe not. I like putting my own wear on a guitar, but my 64 AV’s finish is almost too brittle.

Whatever, I’m happy to see these available. That 61 Strat is a beauty.

Last edited:

HolmfirthNJ

Tele-Meister
£1,819 at GuitarGuitar for the ‘61 Strat - that would be the one for me - I’d be happy with any of the three colour options :)

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
They sell them as parts, and they were in the AOs

I don't want the pickups only, I want the whole loaded body

Andoris

Tele-Meister
The 51 Tele looks almost like they’ve gone back closer to the AVRI Pumpkin finish, as opposed to the lighter blonde on the AV/PV line…interesting.

I’m also wondering if these will have the finish that flakes off when you look at it like the PVs. I don’t see any “flash coat” type buzzwords in any of the descriptions, so maybe not. I like putting my own wear on a guitar, but my 64 AV’s finish is almost too brittle.

Whatever, I’m happy to see these available. That 61 Strat is a beauty.
I just called Wildwood and they confirmed the finish is the same as on teh American Originals with poly under the nitro, sad times. ALso the BSB is so bad

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter

They've been selling Cunife pickups as parts for a few years now. Just buy a MIM 72 Tele Deluxe and drop a set of Cunife's in there.

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I figured this would be the price point in Canada. Oof.

1665519789686.png

1665519818129.png