1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Well, it was fun while it lasted... Squier Classic Vibe changes!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Teleman60, Oct 15, 2019.

1. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Well I got tired of waiting for anyone to have them in stock so just bought a b stock performer and I've yet to see anything b stock on it. After raising the action and putting 12's on it's all well mostly all I need being a home player now.

2. Seattlesurfer

Seattlesurfer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

D5557FC1-C67D-4C1C-84B1-9A527C7AA189.jpeg

bls82261 likes this.
  3. Seattlesurfer

Seattlesurfer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

bls82261 likes this.
  4. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Looks just like mine! Beautiful guitar but the build quality is poor and the sound is thin and pretty much devoid of any tele-like character.

The worst part is, I bought it anyway! A stupid impulse buy and totally unlike me. First, I never buy new guitars, and second, I consider each guitar purchase very carefully. Well, I broke both those rules. I've been in a fragile state emotionally (death of a loved one) and last weekend just decided on the spur of the moment that what the hell, life's too short, just go and buy something you like the look of! Less than an hour later I walked out of the store with this sunburst custom, having barely played it or to be honest even looked at it very closely. And of course I thought CV's have a good reputation and were a pretty safe bet, though that reputation will be trashed soon if the Indonesian models are as carelessly put together as mine. If I had taken the time to carefully inspect the guitar I would have noticed the appallingly cut nut ... the string spacing is totally random. The low E is almost twice as far from the edge as the high E. A nut that needs filing I could deal with (and the nut is also badly filed and every single string --- I mean all of them -- binds) but this one is not worth saving .... and apparently they are a bear to replace.

You cannot imagine how insipid this thing sounds. I don't know if it's the nato body, or the pickups, or a bit of both, but it sounds nothing like a telecaster.

Again, I take full responsibility for walking out of the store with it. And here in Australia, there's no such thing as a generous return policy, so I'm stuck with this lemon.

The current plan is to put it on Gumtree, sell it cheap to someone who isn't as fussed about the issues and just wants a shiny new guitar. Take the fairly mild financial hit and chalk it up to experience.

5. Footsore

Footsore TDPRI Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I don't buy it if I see it on Gumtree. ;)

goonie and 3-Saddle Bridge like this.
  6. mally

mally Tele-Holic

I have 3 , Two Chinese (cv telecaster custom and 50s cv strat and a indo jaguar ) the jaguar had to go back to the shop because the tone pot capacitor thingie hadn't been soldered to the pot the Chinese ones have been perfect from the off
    Fit and finish seems about the same with the telecaster custom having the edge
    I will take a picture now

7. mally

mally Tele-Holic

20201029_092652.jpg

8. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Wait til you see the price, you may not be able to resist. Someone will be happy with it. It's gotcha nice neck and pretty body. I just can't be bothered doing the upgrades, just going to buy an American original like I should have in the first place.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.