1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Well, it was fun while it lasted... Squier Classic Vibe changes!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Teleman60, Oct 15, 2019.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

Your Squier 50s Tele is made in Indonesia?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

nicod98 likes this.
  2. DesignTec

DesignTec TDPRI Member

I just bought a CV 50's Strat (Indonesia) and a Fender Player Series Strat (Mex). I'm extremely impressed with the Squier. The fretwork is better than the Fender's, which I will have to sand down the fret ends on. Overall feel is outstanding. The MiM Fender cost two times what the Squier cost but is not two times better. Both guitars were setup very well. The Fender's pickups sound different. Different, but not necessarily better. The Fender's tuners are the only thing that jump out at me as decidedly better. The Fender is noticeably heavier - the Squier being very light. Both great guitars. The new CV from Indonesia is IMO noticeably better, in terms of fit and finish, than any of the previous Chinese CV's I've had my hands on.

3. jfgesquire

My 2017 Chinese Squier is now in the same league as MIA Fenders, but only after having changed the control plate, pots, caps, knobs and bridge. The neck is outstanding... darn near perfect, and I love the Alnico III's. Still under $400 new with hardshell case (guitar center gives better prices when you call)

I'm not finding anything wrong with my tuners. I've used Grover, Schaller and Vintage Klusons on Gibson, Fender, Gretsch and Rickenbacker... Nothing is jumping out at me where these feel inferior.

The ONLY thing I need to change is the nut. And that's purely esthetic.[​IMG]

4. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Holic

I just got a new white pine body just like this one above. First time I ever bit on one of these CV's of any kind. A Fender 50's lacquer neck slides in perfectly snug. It looks beautiful, and I wanted to make a beater I could bring to practice or here and there and that finish is perfect for that. Like a beautiful cafeteria table. It's routed for an HB in the neck, and I'm really enjoying considering all the possibilities. Such a marvelous platform to mod cheaply on, if this is the end of line, wow!

5. gwmican

gwmican TDPRI Member

The new 50’s Classic Vibe Telecasters are made in Indonesia.

6. jfgesquire

Some of the new ones (adjustable pickup height, steel saddles, moved string tree and logo placement) are/were still being made in China.

It's still a valid question.

7. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Afflicted

my (stock) CV Tele (pine) has "Fender" (groundplate) made pickups ...no "China-crackers"

Fendereedo likes this.
  8. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

The fret work on Mexican made Fender's lately is truly awful. I've posted elsewhere that I had to do major fret work on my vintera modified 60s tele. Only now is it any good, took me a few hours of work that I need not have done.

9. Corvus

Corvus Tele-Meister

Just bought the current spec CV pine 50's. Mine still Chinese but with steel saddles and pickguard mounted neck pu. Frankly it's faultless and sounds amazing. Frets on mine perfectly finished and agree some issues on Mex Vinteras, in my case poor pots and wiring. Can't speak for Indonesian manufacture - anyone here comment?

Fendereedo and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  10. gwmican

gwmican TDPRI Member

I’ve own both. I have a 2015 Squier Classic Vibe Tele, and now a 2019 Classic Vibe Tele. The newest one ( made in Indonesia) is light years better than the China one. This new one is light, 7.3 pounds, sounds like a Tele should, the fretwork is some of the best I have seen on a production guitar. It looks just as good as my American G&L. Bone nut, and the finish isn’t as thick and plasticky as the China one. The pine body looks better too, my old one looks like they glued 2 x 4’s together. It also weighs 10 pounds. The Indonesian are so much better in my opinion.

11. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

I’m blown away by how good the neck is on my Indo CV 50s tele. The fretwork rivals any MIM Fender I’ve ever played, it’s a bit heavy on the poly for me but pretty much flawless other than that.

Fendereedo and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  12. Charlodius

Charlodius Tele-Meister

I have an early 2000s CVC and a brand new indo CV BSB. Not a strict apples to apples comparison, but I prefer the new indo guitar. It’s lighter, the pickups sound better, neck is less sticky and I like the new fret size. YMMV.

horax likes this.
  13. Charlodius

Charlodius Tele-Meister

I have been corrected- my CVC tele is 2012.

14. Corvus

Corvus Tele-Meister

Well, I did wonder when the new ones came into the UK actually cheaper than the older model. I picked a 2019 Chinese bulit pinecaster off the wall at the guitar store here and it's utterly perfect. But what is the Indonesian production like - I beleive friend has a Strat that no longer has shielding?

15. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

I really think the indo vs china thing is not cut and dried at all, but muct be based on the particular model and each individual example. Nothing i have seen yet is better then my 2015 CV 50s tele, nothing. They simply CANNOT be better because it's perfect, and i never say that about guitars no matter the price. But honestly i cannot find a single fault with it. I've never owned a USA fender more perfect and some weren't AS.

That said, the new indo 60s thinline is very nice and possibly as good or at least very close. I haven't plugged one in but i have played 2 of them and found myself not wanting to leave the store w/o one and i keep thinking about it. Played the 70s TL tho and while i really liked it in some ways i wouldn't put it at the same high level as my 50s china model. One was even what I might consider mediocre, and having owned every model CV in the chine line i cannot sat that about any of them.

16. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

Me sir

Bought week ago new CV 50s Squier Telecaster, its made in Indonesia. I have to be honest with You, it is highest quality i ever have played or owned. Everything is perfect so far. Light weight, great fret work, sounds lovely

17. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Same with my CVC 60s, awesome quality.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  18. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

Good to hear, i guess whole line is epic win. At the moment i stopped playing my Mex teles. Maybe 60's Cv tele isnt for me since i cannot stand sunburst but olympic white and mint guard Squier CV tele would do :D

Fendereedo likes this.
  19. skydog6653

skydog6653 Tele-Meister

76547DC0-1323-42A1-8BF0-7EF05CBDFF74.jpeg
    I won't debate the quality of MIK vs MIC, but my '96 MIK isn't what I call heavy…

20. TeleToneTony

TeleToneTony TDPRI Member

and no longer the same guitar imo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.