1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Well, Isn't This Nice...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

CAPITALISM!! DON’T INTERFERE WITH THE FREE MARKET! PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING BECAUSE THE MARKET WILL CORRECT THEM!

:rolleyes:

WetBandit likes this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

That's against the forum rules to post about "isms". It's political. Take it somewhere else. This is a thread about how people tend to be the absolute worst when, instead, they should be coming together for a common good. Don't post political things here.

Skydog1010 and boris bubbanov like this.
  3. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

When I started reading the original post, I thought it was going to have an uplifting ending. Photos in the link are funny.

Chipss36 and Torren61 like this.
  4. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Lol, don't count on it brother.

Torren61 likes this.
  5. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

That greedy sleazy SOB got death threats :( ... its true .

Torren61 and WetBandit like this.
  6. WetBandit

Do you realize how ridiculous you are being?

Simple economics is not politics AT ALL... you may choose to view it that way though and that is fine by me.

So, do not sit here and tell me and others that your thread topic isn't so closely related to the aforementioned banned topic that you couldn't forsee it crossing the line.

You are saying that you are pointing out the wrong doing of two guys who went around and spent their money on stuff sold at regular stores.... as reprehensible as it is, it is pure opportunity in an unfortunate time.

I agree that it is a nasty and unethical thing to do, but to post it here was wrong to begin with.

I'm not defending or condoning what the two guys did, I'm just pointing out what it is, and why it's only being looked at like it is because of the circumstances.

This is a very circumstantial incident, that otherwise would be treated much differently if not for the nature of the situation.

You can throw around that we are discussing politics ( we are not) we are simply discussing the intricacies of topic YOU posted.

I'll see myself out now.

speedy mcfeely likes this.
  7. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

It was amazing how people came together after IRMARIA and as soon as greed raised its ugly head many people got greedy and the helping hand was retracted

tery and Torren61 like this.
  8. Torren61

Look, this happens a lot. I start a thread and someone invariably and often intentionally posts something that's clearly against forum rules. And even though I didn't post it and I don't want it posted and didn't intend for the thread to go that way, it gets shut down. I may hold a record for threads closed down because of other peoples' posts. THEN, I see the offenders posting again shortly afterward instead of catching a timeout. It makes me think they post things like that to give an excuse to close down the thread. So, I'm a bit touchy.

Teleguy61 and boris bubbanov like this.
  9. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

like man, quit yellin at me

:)

Torren61 likes this.
  10. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yep, there are some folks that tank threads/other opinions on purpose. Happens here because we can’t talk about things like adults, I guess. But then there are some threads that stand for some reason. I never flag things, because those people can own their free speech...

11. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

All this “mechanic” talk is abstracting human behavior and disconnecting from what it means to be a decent human being. The power people have is to choose—in this case not agreeing with toxic opportunism is making a stand against agents who value money and wants of the self over others. Post #1 confronts that, but this post seems to dismiss it as acceptable or ‘the way it is’.

I don’t sell turd sammiches because I prefer to make an honest living. Besides, those only sell for so long before people start to notice the stench.

12. WetBandit

I'm certainly not trying to derail your thread, that was never my intention.

There was no malice in any of my posts whatsoever, just a misunderstanding.

I stated that you don't have to agree with me and I meant it, I merely posted my take on the situation, that is all.

It is reprehensible to capitalize on tragedy, I was just pointing out that we all have a long standing track record of doing so... even if indirectly.

That's it.

Torren61 likes this.
  13. Torren61

C'mere and give me a hug.

14. WetBandit

I agree with you man, I too like to thing I'm an honest man making an honest living.

I do not like what those guys did, and I certainly wouldn't seize the opportunity to prey on a disaster stricken society.

I was just pointing out that this is par for the course on a daily basis for alot of industries, only now its "in your face" and its hard to not notice.

That was all I was saying.

BorderRadio and Torren61 like this.
  15. WetBandit

Those guys are just a few countys over from me, and yea they certainly painted themselves in a bad light.

I'm right next door to Knoxville.

People, yesterday were literally selling individual rolls of toilet paper for $3 a pop down here at the intersection below my workplace.

Torren61 likes this.
  16. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

google some pages asking whether a mask will protect you from X anyway......

you'll be surprised...;)

17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

PSA:

If you happen to be in Hixson, I strongly recommend you not go to the New York Pizza Department, pizza parlour. That place stinks in just about every way you can think of, and some you just would never.

I don't get it. In so many ways, Chattanooga and surrounds is a pretty cool place. Could there just be something about Hixson? I dunno.

Torren61 and tery like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Can't we all just bump elbows, and get along.

Torren61, trev333 and WetBandit like this.
  19. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

or a reverse heel boot bump....with a twist.. ;)

Torren61 likes this.
  20. WetBandit

Naw man, we gotta hug without touching each others or our own faces lol!

Torren61 and Toto'sDad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.