Well hello!

SLHall

TDPRI Member
Good evening, I wanted to say thank you for letting me become a part of TDPRI. I am a guitar fan. I try to play guitar as well, but I seem to be more of a collector of guitars and guitar knowledge these days. I live in southern West Virginia. I taught myself how to play guitar in college over 20 years ago, but I need to learn more than just the 8-12 chords I originally learned all those years ago. I am currently building a Warmoth Telecaster with parts from a lot of other companies. It will be a true “one piece at a time” project. My current collection of guitars are the following:
-Epiphone Sheraton 2 Pro
-Dean Boca 12-String
-Epiphone Dove
-Rogue Dreadnaught Acoustic-Electric
-Rogue Lap Steel Guitar
Once again, thank you for letting me join this forum. Below I have included some pictures of my little collection. E3A9C809-4D97-47D9-89E5-40B14181DA8A.jpeg 72A5FA9D-870E-44B5-BE43-F51C18BB476C.jpeg

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Good evening, I wanted to say thank you for letting me become a part of TDPRI. I am a guitar fan. I try to play guitar as well, but I seem to be more of a collector of guitars and guitar knowledge these days. I live in southern West Virginia. I taught myself how to play guitar in college over 20 years ago, but I need to learn more than just the 8-12 chords I originally learned all those years ago. I am currently building a Warmoth Telecaster with parts from a lot of other companies. It will be a true “one piece at a time” project. My current collection of guitars are the following:
-Epiphone Sheraton 2 Pro
-Dean Boca 12-String
-Epiphone Dove
-Rogue Dreadnaught Acoustic-Electric
-Rogue Lap Steel Guitar
Once again, thank you for letting me join this forum. Below I have included some pictures of my little collection. View attachment 917587 View attachment 917588

Nice family photos you have there.

Welcome aboard!

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Hello there and welcome!
Now... there's an awful lot of music you can do with 8-12 chords.
For my compositions I rarely use more than 3-4 per song.... so.. what kind of music do you play on those ghee-tarz of yours?
Also: Nice Lap Steel! What tuning do you use there?

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Hello and welcome to TDPRI, it's good to have you join us.

Nice collection you have started there, thanks for the pics.

SLHall

TDPRI Member
Hello there and welcome!
Now... there's an awful lot of music you can do with 8-12 chords.
For my compositions I rarely use more than 3-4 per song.... so.. what kind of music do you play on those ghee-tarz of yours?
Also: Nice Lap Steel! What tuning do you use there?
Hey Skyhook, I do know you can play some good amounts of music with just a few chords. I was wanting to learn how to play in the Chicken Pickin’ style like Albert Lee, James Burton and Clarence White. It seems those guys and others like them really know more than just chords. Also, my lap steel is tuned to C6 tuning if I remember correctly. It’s been a while since I’ve played it.