Well, $#!&…

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
@Dan German I laughed out loud when I read your OP... NOT at the fact that you sustained an injury serious enough to require surgery (get well fast!)--but at your "fall down go boom" comment.

My parents used to say that when I was a wee Peegoo, after I did something goofy and landed hard on the ground.

Mojo!

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
@Dan German I laughed out loud when I read your OP... NOT at the fact that you sustained an injury serious enough to require surgery (get well fast!)--but at your "fall down go boom" comment.

My parents used to say that when I was a wee Peegoo, after I did something goofy and landed hard on the ground.

Mojo!
Definitely a childhood expression, and easier to type one-handed than the actual explanation.

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
Ouch! I’ve got arthritis in my right hand in the same joints and I know the immobility will be a serious drag, but it’ll get better. Do let them heal and I hope you come out of it as well as possible.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Me post-op:

Attachments

• 425490C5-13EA-45A1-9094-621F3F6A22F1.jpeg
    425490C5-13EA-45A1-9094-621F3F6A22F1.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 18

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sorry man, hate when stuff like that happens.

I was riding my bike on a very tame single path trail last year. I exited out of a turn, stood up to mash and my rear wheel spun out and I lost my balance. Instinctively put out my left hand/arm to catch my fall, and cracked my collar bone! Then, about 6 months later, slipped on ice and once again reached out to catch my fall--same side of my body. Didn't break or tear anything, but hurt like a sunnavugun, and still giving me some problems months later.

Growin' old ain't for wussies.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Sorry man, hate when stuff like that happens.

Growin' old ain't for wussies.
I know, but I’m doing it anyway! :p

Finally got around to checking my gear. I knew the helmet hit (so I will need to replace it after only three months), but gloves, jacket, pants, and boots show no sign of anything happening. My replacement splint is a big improvement, too:

Attachments

• FF6F9D94-E77C-44ED-B6DD-3C14178455D0.jpeg
    FF6F9D94-E77C-44ED-B6DD-3C14178455D0.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Take good care and I wish you a speedy, successful recovery.

I worked in a hospital as a pharmacy tech for almost ten years, and we were right across the hall from the minor and major ERs. It always saddened me how many people got hurt on holidays.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Get the best physical therapist you can find and check that person's recommendation against your surgeon's advice - and be ready for the PT when it comes because it takes willpower!

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Very sorry to hear about this, was it a motorcycle accident? I hope it all heals well and soon, and just think of Dexter the three-legged dog, as you're going through this 👍