Well, $#!&…

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
As mentioned in the Canada Day 2022 thread, I fall down go boom and injured my right (dominant) hand. Turns out I did a number on it. 4th metacarpal broken, and 5th metacarpal kinda smashed. So much for summer 2022. Got home from surgery a couple of hours ago. Worst thing is, it was just my bad judgement. No one else to get angry at.

Last edited:

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I hope you can find a silver lining.

Last year, I fell through a scaffold and dislocated two fingers on my fretting hand (totally my fault). After six months, they had not healed. I figured some forced therapy might help, so I pulled a guitar off my wall (after a 40-year layoff) and started (trying) to play some cowboy chords. The fingers finally loosened up and I have been playing every single day for the last 10 months. My guitars would have stayed on the wall if not for my busted fingers.

Don't take 6-months to heal up.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
As mentioned in the Canada Day 2020 thread, I fall down go boom and injured my right (dominant) hand. Turns out I did a number on it. 4th metacarpal broken, and 5th metacarpal kinda smashed. So much for summer 2022. Got home from surgery a couple of hours ago. Worst thing is, it was just my bad judgement. No one else to get angry at.
Here’s to fast healing. Hear me out though.
This looks promising and I’m totally serious. It could work!

Edit: I removed the other 10 images that I seemed to have pasted. Oops.

1. 51hWnVZe5OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

kuch

Tele-Holic
Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad others are offering advice on healing... ;).

My wife hurt her hand, a long time ago. Her mom asked her if it was "the flipper".....

Get well soon

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I hope you can find a silver lining.

Last year, I fell through a scaffold and dislocated two fingers on my fretting hand (totally my fault). After six months, they had not healed. I figured some forced therapy might help, so I pulled a guitar off my wall (after a 40-year layoff) and started (trying) to play some cowboy chords. The fingers finally loosened up and I have been playing every single day for the last 10 months. My guitars would have stayed on the wall if not for my busted fingers.

Don't take 6-months to heal up.
The surgeon was not optimistic about 100% recovery, and said hand therapy would be required. He was actually kind of a *ahem* but word on the street is he’s very good at what he does. No need for me to like him. I will say that every other person I dealt with in my local ER and the hospital’s Day Surgery ranged from pleasant to awesome.

hdvades

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Here's hoping for a good recovery. One question...why did you have to wait two years for this surgery? All your broken bones "mortared" a long time ago. Surgery should have been within a day or too. I rolled my left ankle a few years back and waited too long to see a doctor. Turned out I fractured my fibula. The two parts fused together and were offset. Too late to reset or surgery. Some days are worse than others.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I think it would be fun to try a lefty lap slide dealio. Fretting with a slide on your right hand and any fingering you could do with your left. Just a thought. Best wishes for a great recovery. I broke my left hand and while I was in a cast I outfitted a slide (read bic lighter) to my cast and practiced quite a bit.