Weird Phone Calls

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'm receiving three calls per asking if I might be willing to sell my home on McKinnly in Milwaukee.

I simply say "I don't own a home in Milwaukee.

Then they ask if I'm interested in selling my current home.

I say no.

They say goodbye and hang up politely.

I get these calls over and over and over.

My cell phone is not published anywhere but the know my name. My last name is as uncommon as can be. It's German/Jewish. It's odd; not common.

I would never ever discuss banking or checking or credit cards. I don't understand what they're after.

What could they be after?

Do you think that is somehow legit??

Freaky. I also receive weekly texts asking that samed thing.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Housing market is in a frenzy. I get similar texts. Ignore/block. No biggy.

I my recent move to Appleton I bid $20K over the asking price and got bid on the first homes that I tried ty, It is nuts. Maybe u's that simple but are they connecting my some house in a crummy neighborhood Milwaukee?

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
They know… they always know….

My father and I do construction, mostly small renovation type work at this point, he tried out “porch”(similar to home advisor) for a while, it’s not a good system..

Anyway the point is let’s say we are doing a bathroom remodel, within a couple days he will get a message from porch with someone wanting a bathroom done

It always seems whatever we are doing he will get a message for someone wanting the same work done

They know!

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm receiving three calls per asking if I might be willing to sell my home on McKinnly in Milwaukee.

I say no.

My cell phone is not published anywhere but the know my name. My last name is as uncommon as can be. It's German/Jewish. It's odd; not common.

I would never ever discuss banking or checking or credit cards. I don't understand what they're after.

Some companies sell their customers' informations. That is how you get spam, or phone calls trying to sell fireplaces.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Tell them to sell that house in Milwaukee, you don't need it the longer you keep it the more it's going to cost in upkeep. While your at it renew and extend the warranty on your Chevrolet it's the smart thing to do and make sure to say yes to making $400 dollars a week advertising power water on the side of your vehicle.

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
I get two letters a week asking if I'd like to sell my ten acres in the big bend west Texas for wildly varying cash offers. It's ridiculous to think that land that ten years ago could be had for $50-200 an acre is now seeing market listing for 1k an acre. I had my actual home listed and wound up turning down an offer for 10k over asking price (long story). I figure if I just sit tight one more year I can squeeze it for another 100k+ if I do my part and the market doesn't crash. Don't really care if it does or not TBH, it's all just material junk anyhow.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I still get ' extended warranty' AD voicemail messages for a car I totalled in 2018!

And get constant 'Good news, we paid your next bill!, just click here...' texts from fake AT&T scammers ( as AT&T is my carrier) - constantly blocking #'s

Bottom line, I will NOT answer a phone call, or respond to an email I do not recognize

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Housing prices are going crazy in many places.

My house assessment went up 37% in one year. Friends of mine had their pokey little cottage house go up 48%, and it's a tear down, so that just the plot.

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's
I get calls and texts asking the same thing for my childhood home. You'd be amazed what leaks out in public information or sales of phone lists. It's spam, I never answer the phone when it's an unknown number. Real correspondence results in voicemails so you won't miss anything genuine.

Speaking of spam, I want some, fried thin and crispy please!

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I have to answer my phone because it’s how I get business. My recording tells the caller to leave a message and I will call back.
When I’m on a job the phone says in the van. My clients deserve that much respect
I never look at recent/missed calls. If you can’t leave a message I WILL NOT call you back

I get weird texts occasionally but I just delete them.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I say no.

I get probably 10-20 calls a day from numbers/names I don't know. I can't tell you just what they concern, (Medicare plans, selling my house, car warranties, whatever) because I let my answering machine pick up, and they NEVER leave a message. Since they're usually "spoofing" the caller I.D., I think if they don't identify themselves, it doesn't do any good to report them to the No Call list. It doesn't do any good to block that number, cause they rarely use the same number twice. I firmly believe that if our phone providers and services REALLY wanted to stop all this, they could. They make too much money from the sleazy scum-bags who do this. There are very few things or people I truly hate......but people who try to do business on the phone (legal or illegal), unsolicited, don't deserve to exist. !!!!!!!!!!

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
It’s called prospecting. I get calls like that at home and on my cell phone. If I don’t answer they leave a message. The real estate market is hit with dwindling inventory and mortgage on the rise. Brokerages have hired more agents than they need to make sure they don’t miss an opportunity. Everyone not out selling has to prospect to survive. The bubble has to burst. The brokerage survives. Agents who don’t cut it will be on the streets or working for second tier brokerages hustling renters. That’s just life in these United States.