Weird Beyoncé Filming Technique?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by goldtopper, Feb 3, 2013.

1. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

The "fakey" look might be that they shoot the football at 60p and the concert performance at 24p, just a guess (I didn't watch the show)

2. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

I thought it was a well produced performance. I don't know any of her songs, but it was very engaging and exciting - especially for the folks that know her music.

As far as the "fake" filming - nah. I credit the production quality to lots of production $$$, including very sophisticated cinematography cameras and softening filters. It was definitely something I noticed as well.

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

The last two posts have it correct. Big expensive film quality digital at 24p for the performance vs. shoulder and wire mounted 60p on the field. Totally different production animals.

4. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

That "film look" is just an effect. It was just a production decision. They didn't use it throughout. Very simple to accomplish and greatly overused these days.
    The local news here uses it all the time.
    Making live look like film is equivalent to you (us) kicking on a chorus pedal.

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

that sucks to know, since I always figured I could use the "fakey look" to spot , well, fake stuff. not like inferior quality necessarily means it's honest, but i figured the "film" look was a sure giveaway.

6. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

I love Beyonce. Great singer and beautiful.
    Her material?... not so much.

7. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

Actually there are delays involved, whether intentional or not. A friend called from San Francisco and at one point he asked if I was watching game, because it sounded off to him. Eventually I would call snap when they snapped the ball and he timed it at being 5 seconds later when he saw it at his place.

8. tape

tape Tele-Meister

It looked to me like it was shot at 24 fps instead of the regular 60 fps used for the game broadcast. Nothing untoward about that really.

9. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe you can get up and dance like that for ten minutes, while singing, without collapsing on the stage. Or for a whole show, like Beyonce regularly does.

If you can, my hat's off to you. But if you can't recognize that Beyonce's being able to do it is anything but "sloppy lazy fat," I kind of doubt that you have any idea of what it takes in terms of physical conditioning.

I'll look out for your video of you leading an aerobics class though.

10. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

Would you be talking about the "lack" of material? As in, what she was not wearing. LOL

I read where mom's were embarrassed to watch Beyonce dressed like that in front of their kids. While I was watching, I looked at my wife and said, "She ain't got NOTHING on you!". No embarrassment for me. :cool:

11. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Beyonce put a good amount of Tina Turner in her sassy.

12. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

That's just good husbanding.:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.