1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Weight loss has not been a good thing for me

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Nov 1, 2020.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Weight loss has not been a good thing for me I’ve lost about 25 pounds, My doctor cannot figure out how to adjust my insulin I have felt very dizzy and very uncomfortable. About five days ago I was in my hot tub at 104° and when I got out I was so dizzy that I fell and I almost broke my nose on my patio. I have a tremendous blackeye and a scar on my nose and a scar and a scab on my forehead.

This evening I watched the Packer game, after the game I took a nap on the couch and then I stood up suddenly to turn the heat down on the thermostat. I didn’t drink any alcohol or do anything weird. I felt very dizzy when I stood up and I fell again and I gashed my forehead.

I feel like a train wreck. My divorce date is at the end of the month that’s when my court date is. I know that I’ve been very stressed about that and that might be why am losing weight. It’s really great to be thinner but this isn’t the way that I would want to do it.

I hope you’ve all been well, I think the world of everyone on this form. If this post is inappropriate I apologize I just had to say it.​

Mad Kiwi, cnlbb, Flaneur and 13 others like this.
  2. smoothrecluse

smoothrecluse Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jeez, man. Take care of yourself. We’re pulling for ya’.

3. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Studio, i hope everything comes out OK for you. Prayers sent!

studio1087 likes this.
  4. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Man, that is absolutely not good. I took some wicked spills about a year ago. Had some horrible vertigo-like issues. Busted my face up pretty good on two separate occasions, so I feel your pain. Mine turned out to be a medication that I’d been taking for years, that suddenly started going sideways on me. Luckily it didn’t take long to figure out that’s what it was.

I’m really hoping your issues get figured out soon. Reach out if you need any moral support from a fellow face-plant victim.

5. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

John,

I hope your docs get you sorted quickly. Do they know you are falling? Sounds like a thorough checkup and bloodwork needs doing. Please don’t put it off.

I empathize with the divorce stress. I too lost about thirty pounds when I was in the middle of mine, largely depressed and I lost any interest in food. Then I changed some meds and gained it all back, now I’m working to lose it back.

Any time you need to vent, we’re here. You’re one of the good guys. Never forget that.

Wishing you all the best,
    Geoff

Mike Eskimo and gitold like this.
  6. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I hope you get it sorted.

studio1087 and gitold like this.
  7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Are you drinking enough water, and is your blood pressure OK?
    I know I'm oversimplifying, but it can be amazing ( and a quick turnaround) to stay hydrated.
    These are just issues that both my wife and I ( both Type 2 diabetes too) have dealt with...
    Hope things improve soon, 2021 will be better!

8. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oh man. Keep it together and stay strong.

studio1087 likes this.
  9. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have no idea how to help. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I do agree with talking with your doctor and telling your doctor you are dizzy and falling.

spurgie79 and studio1087 like this.
  10. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Your blood sugar's are not too low, are they?

Better a little high during this time of stress than low.

30-40 is where i see people start falling.

Thoughts and prayers John.

rz350 and studio1087 like this.
  11. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Be well!

studio1087, Alamo and gitold like this.
  12. lil scotty

lil scotty Tele-Meister

Could be blood pressure causing the dizziness. I heard a long time ago that if you stand up and get dizzy you should lift your arms above your head, so blood gets into your head. Doing this has saved me from passing out before. ...but, please, consult a doctor.

studio1087 likes this.
  13. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

Twenty five pound weight loss is a lot for someone taking insulin.
    I've been type-1 for 49 years and dealing with out of balance blood sugar is no joke.
    It takes a lot of work that some doctors are not able or willing to put in. I've learned to take care of my own blood sugars. Last A1C was 5.1 and my doc sez 'good work and keep doing what you are doing.'
    The whole insulin/exercise/stress/food equation can get to be seemingly unsolvable.
    Hopefully your divorce will be resolved smoothly and a HUGE stressor will be removed. (My experience tells me you should expect to feel better afterwards.)
    When you can remove variables (divorce) or turn variables into constants (i.e. eat the same time and amount every day) solving bat-stuff crazy blood sugar swings will be a lot easier.
    Also, keep records/diary to help you trace the origins of BG swings.

Contact me if you want to talk.

Mark

8barlouie, Jakedog and studio1087 like this.
  14. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

I know exactly how you feel...or at least remember exactly how you feel.

I developed a doctor-stumping affliction about 10 years ago where my body rejected food. Just came out of nowhere, but everything I ate came right back up or out of me. I went from 225 to 160 lbs in just a few months with that very same issue of sudden dizziness when standing that you described. I even went head first into the mirror at a Vegas hotel before bouncing my face off the marble sink a few seconds after walking to the bathroom.

Now that I think about it, I had that issue a bit years before when I was training too hard and logging close to 100 mile per week running. I would stand up and tank a couple steps before I had tremors and the world started going black. I had to grab the wall and take deep breathes for a couple of seconds until it passed.

Could be low blood sugar, low blood pressure, etc., but even though it is both scary and very frustrating waiting for doctors to get things figured out (I spent 3 years with my digestive issue...even the Mayo clinic had no idea), you will get it figured out. It is not the new way of life for you, just a temporary issue to get through.

At least you know that is a risk when you stand up, so do it slowly and be prepared. Hell, put a motorcycle helmet on if you must, but don't let it ruin your days.

Nightclub Dwight and studio1087 like this.
  15. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Hey John....I hope you get some resolution to your situation soon and with relative ease. You are well loved in these parts my friend.

Jakedog, elihu, smoothrecluse and 2 others like this.
  16. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Hang in there. I really miss your input on the forum. You are a positive force here and we need ya healthy. I was divorced after 36 years of marriage so I know how life changing it can be. It will get better!

boneyguy and studio1087 like this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

no matter what. You need some friggin ice cream. My hands got destroyed (shredded up, scraped, cut, just MESSED UP) and it takes SO long to heal after 50. I have come to embrace the power and goodness of vaseline. No wonder boxers use so much of it!

Hope you feel better and hope the court hearing goes your way. So sorry you are dealing with all this, but, get some damn good ice cream and feel better!

8barlouie, Jakedog and studio1087 like this.
  18. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

I just went back and re-read the original posting....certainly sounds like a matter of low blood pressure due to stress.

Not a doctor, but I sure have some experience. When you are highly stressed out, your blood vessals constrict and your blood pressure drops. It takes a little bit of time for the blood to move from the legs to the head when we stand and if the pathways are constricted...even longer. Lack of blood flow to the brain and you get very dizzy.

I lost my Father a few weeks ago and I was under so much stress that my blood oxygen level dropped from 99% to 90% due to that same constriction of vessals. It was a bad day.

Stay well hydrated and control the stress levels. A little Russian trick might help you. Take 2 ping-pong balls and cut them in half. Throw away the halves with markings on them and use the other halves to cover your eyes as you lie down on the floor beneath an overhead light. Just look through the balls at the light. In a few seconds, you will start to see colors cascading and your mind calming down. The Russians used it in the sports programs as a way to eliminate anxiety. It sounds silly, but it works. It is sort of a white noise for the brain, you just stop thinking and blank out, but never fall asleep. Think of it like a type of self-hypnosis and just a 10 minute period will feel like you were asleep all night.

Give it a try, you would only be out about 50 cents for the ping pong balls and it might just solve your problem with anxiety.

19. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Wow, good luck. I hope WAY sooner than later you can workout the diet, exercise and sleep AND insulin mix to turn that around.

Also be careful about stress and overall routines with all that and other stressful stuff going on.

Best wishes!

kingofdogs1950 likes this.
  20. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

wishing you well

teletimetx and studio1087 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.