1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Weight loss hacks

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DrPepper, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

I found drinking lemon water in the morning to be great for losing weight. I usually do two glasses with a half lemon per glass. I actually wake up quicker without coffee-you get dehydrated while sleeping. Something corrosive greases the intestines plus lemons offer Vitamin C. The water also makes you feel full. Regular exercise and eating when you are actually hungry are also crucial. I used to weigh 250 and smoked 2 packs per day. I have been a decade without smoking and have weighed between 190-200 for the past 12 years. Flax seed and psyllium husk also offer some beneficial cleansing properties as well. Probably the best piece of advice is to not get depressed about your weight. Accept it and then move on to do something about getting rid of the excess. Results take time and taking weight slowly generally means you will be more likely to keep it off for the long haul. Eating a balanced with some stuff you enjoy will also be a plus. I still eat chocolate daily and have cake occasionally. You also have to enjoy life to live it.

2. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I haven’t read all the replies, but I don’t know that there are any real “hacks” for weight loss.

Look at calories in vs. calories out - and pay attention to the quality of those calories. If your body doesn’t need it for something, don’t eat it.

Exercise is VERY important, but between eating right and exercising, eating right is even more important. It takes two minutes to eat a McDonald’s double cheeseburger; it takes about thirty minutes of running to burn those same calories. You don’t need the extra cheeseburger.

With that said, you don’t need to choose between eating right and exercising - you can do them both.

3. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

the 2 I mentioned work, or, at least help with weight loss. Exercise and caloric deficit work but, for big weight loss are not sustainable (The Biggest Loser proved that)...

Resistant starch is hard for the body to digest, so some calories are not absorbed.

Thermogenic foods help the bodies metabolism so more calories are burned.

So, I call those hacks...

Also, some people cannot exercise due to medical reasons...

sean79 likes this.
  4. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

This is my feeling too. It has to be something that you can stick to long-term, and I think you need be patient about the weight loss.

I happen to like wine and beer, so I don't want to ever cut it out completely. I try to stick to a moderate amount and make up for it in other ways.

5. Blue

Blue Tele-Afflicted

That's the answer for all those obese Americans.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Did he not read the "full English Breakfast" thread?!

7. DrPepper

Americans, obese or not... with good teeth... :)

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I did my best to read it all.

After a spell, I was overwhelmed - you might say.

9. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

It's all about less carbs,

but if that doesn't work, this'll hack off a few pounds... :lol:

cleaver.jpg

10. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

Cut off a leg.

11. DrPepper

Let's see, I have been eating a high carb-low fat diet for over a year and have lost 60 lbs. My body does carbs very well...

Sanity Inn likes this.
  12. Cysquatch

Cysquatch Tele-Holic

I think you might be misunderstanding what nutritional density means. These "dense" foods simply contain more actual nutritional value per calorie than others, which fills you up on fewer calories and keeps you satisfied longer. I can assure you that sweet potatoes never made anyone overweight; however, whatever brown sugar, butter, creams, or whatever else they put on them could certainly do it.

13. Blue

Blue Tele-Afflicted

Cliche, but you lot are fat, fact.

14. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have always used a simple method that reduces half your calories and fats without any sacrifice...you can still eat anything that you want.

The secrect is that I still eat anything, but always gve half of it away to someone else. Not only do I reduce my intake, but make someone else happy at the same time.

15. BigDaddyLH

The down side for me is that now my dog is fat.

Milspec likes this.
  16. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That could be a problem, I normally give it to co-workers (they normally steal my food anyway).

17. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

evolution is slower to change than human society - we evolved under conditions of relative scarcity, and now that we have relative abundance, it's a problem. most of our food cravings make complete sense if you don't know where your next meal is coming from.

18. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Afflicted

I was 137 in January of 2019. I'm now 118.5 (5'2"). There's no trick. I work five days a week, leave home by 5:25 AM and with overtime, I get home by 7 PM. I stopped eating supper when I got back unless it was low calorie, typically seafood or meat. I ate the veggies, no potatos or bread and had one Dove chocolate for my sweet tooth. I work on the second floor and run up four flights of stairs to use the ladies room at least three or four times a day. I stopped using the elevator and took the stairs instead. If I got home at a normal time, I used portion control and did an hour on the exercise bike before I got ready for bed. I wouldn't touch any candy people brought to the office.

Over the weekend, I walked and did the bike. I don't eat out, I don't like sodas and don't drink "health drinks." I have Quaker Oats Oatmeal for breakfast, I ate Sushi for lunch and had a light meal during the evening. There's no fad diet, just a lot of reminding myself why I was doing this - and I weighed myself every day. If I went up, I reflected on what I ate that brought the numbers up, if I lost, I saw the results of my efforts. It's not that you can't eat carbs - I do still, but you learn when the best time of day is to eat it in terms of how long it will take to burn off.

Laura

19. BigDaddyLH

Make your steak in the waffle iron. Take a bite. Throw away rest of steak.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.