weenie quesadilla - improvised lunch!

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
I felt like trying something different for a quick lunch.

Grilled weenies from a couple days ago, flour tortillas, and shredded parmesan cheese.

I melted butter in a skillet, threw in the tortilla, added cheese. I wrapped the dog in a paper towel, sprinkled it with water, microwaved it for about 15 seconds twice, and sliced it; threw that into the tortilla, folded it in half, and pressed it a little. Turned once.

Served it right away sprinkled with some Serrano sauce, chased with a cold can of Sprite.

Jeet yet?

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
What a coincidence!!!!

We just did tortilla hot dogs this week. Kept it simple. Just wieners, wolf brand chili, shredded cheese, chopped onions, yellow mustard, and a tortilla. Just a dab of the chili, and 2 wieners per tortilla. One was enough.

Damn good!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
My dad used to make me burnt weenie sandwiches when I was a kid.....ugh...where's mom!

Frank_Zappa_-_Burnt_Weeny_Sandwich.jpeg

dogwatermike

Tele-Meister
Yegbert….. I do believe you are a genius!

Weiner quesadillas… perfect!

OK… I have a challenge and request… I think you are the only one who can do this job…..if you chose to accept it…. The survival of the free world is at stake here….

Spam quesadillas!

I had spam fried rice at the Bali Hai in San Diego a couple of nites ago… not much spam….

Cowabunga!

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire

OK… I have a challenge and request… I think you are the only one who can do this job…..if you chose to accept it…. The survival of the free world is at stake here….

Spam quesadillas!

I had spam fried rice at the Bali Hai in San Diego a couple of nites ago… not much spam….

Cowabunga!
Well, I’ll try to do that one of these days, actually I’ve enjoyed a lot of spam. The real stuff, not the junk that keeps my inbox cluttered. Don’t count on me being one of the few though, at least according to ads it’s a real thing already!

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter

Spam quesadillas!

Cowabunga!
Spam fried rice! I didn’t know it was a real thing!

I’ve been making it for years

Vindication!

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
I have been pronouncing it kay-suh-deeya since I was three (early 1970s); this stupid movie comes out and I can't say it another way now.

My mother in law pronounces it the Napoleon Dynamite way, so I've taken to using that pronunciation when speaking with my partner. She gets mad at me, because she is worried one of us will slip up and sound like idiots when we are in the Mexican grocery where we buy their house-made tortillas. Just to keep it real, there is an alley near us named Flotilla Way, which I pronounce as flow-tee-ya way. It gets hard to keep the mispronunciation consistent sometimes.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
I felt like trying something different for a quick lunch.

Grilled weenies from a couple days ago, flour tortillas, and shredded parmesan cheese.

I melted butter in a skillet, threw in the tortilla, added cheese. I wrapped the dog in a paper towel, sprinkled it with water, microwaved it for about 15 seconds twice, and sliced it; threw that into the tortilla, folded it in half, and pressed it a little. Turned once.

Served it right away sprinkled with some Serrano sauce, chased with a cold can of Sprite.

Jeet yet?
I like the improvisation you have there. Next you have to try a corn tortilla for a southwestern take on the corn dog.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
One day in my college years myself and the roommate were attempting to fill the lunch void with something within our meager budget.
We mixed up a batch of Jiffy cornbread batter, poured it in a baking pan and laid hot dogs parallel to one another until we ran out of room.
We baked it and ate it with hot dog chili and picante sauce over the top.
It was pretty good at the time.
We named it “Pone-dog”.