Weekend Partscaster project...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by DaveG_NJ, Dec 15, 2019.

1. DaveG_NJ

DaveG_NJ TDPRI Member

This is actually Phase 1 of my first Partscaster. I'm still waiting on my Warmoth Roasted Maple Fatback neck with jumbo stainless frets, but I finished the body today and threw on a Fender thin neck that I had lying around. Fun project. Once I get the fat neck on, I should have the guitar I can't buy off the rack anywhere.

For my first Partscaster, I went with a relic body, just because I'm a klutz with guitar bodies and always ding them up. I had some relic parts around and reliced the rest (ashtray got a case-hardening treatment and the rest got the acid vapor treatment).

The one-piece Alder body was gloss Nitro finished. I knocked that down with 1500 wet sanding and brought it back up a little to 3000 and topped it with a Renaissance wax buff coat. Other items:

- all new Emerson wiring, 250K pots, oil-in-paper cap, 4-way wired with treble bleed
    - Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups
    - Wilkinson compensated brass saddles.

Current neck (shown) is 2019 Fender roasted Maple, 12" radius, medium-jumbo frets, but way-too-thin for me (0.76-082"), gloss fretboard, satin back, Fender locking tuners. On order is a roasted maple Fatback Warmoth neck (1.0 - 1.0") with stainless steel 6150 frets, no finish. That will be topped off with Sperzel nickel locking tuners with either pearloid or amber button knobs.

Now off to intonate those saddles... Partscaster - 1.jpeg Partscaster - 4.jpeg Partscaster - 2.jpeg Partscaster - 3.jpeg

whoanelly15, Nubs, BrewerDoer and 7 others like this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I like it. She looks good! I like her better without the ash tray.

DaveG_NJ and Toadtele like this.
  3. DaveG_NJ

DaveG_NJ TDPRI Member

Thanks. Yeah, me too. I really only use the ashtray if I'm playing with long sleeves (like in the winter). They tend to mute the strings occasionally.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Crowcaster

Crowcaster Tele-Holic

That turned out great and is definitely a weekend well spent!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.