Weber 5h15 ReVibe build (and help!)

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Burnttoaster, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Burnttoaster

Burnttoaster TDPRI Member

I have built a few pedals and a BYOC Tweed Royal amp. The amp started up first try and sounds great, so I decided to jump in and try a Weber Revibe. I am following the Fiber Board Layout and Parts Placement rev 09/30/06 from the Weber site Waiting for a few parts from Mouser for the chassis so I loaded up the parts board. Was shipped the wrong cap for the 7 and 8th spot from the right on the bottom row, but other than that I think I am ready to solder and add the wires. Because I am a newbie I thought I would turn to the forum to see if anyone who has built one f these could take a look at the pic (panorama from my iPhone) of the board and let me know if they spot any errors or have any words of advice.

thanks in advance
    Todd

Attached Files:

2. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

I built mine many years ago and I believe there has been many changes made as far a grounding and shielding. Study the weber pages on the build and double check everything before installing the board in the chassis. It's a tight fit and you won't want to go back in to make corrections. The weber amp forum will have the answers your looking for when needed.

3. Burnttoaster

Burnttoaster TDPRI Member

okay, thanks

4. tjk3052

tjk3052 Tele-Holic

I keep wanting to build one of these, but dang, they're more work than most amps. Should sound sweet though, good luck. You might get more help in the amp forum.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.