Weber 12F150 WGS ET65 Eminence GA-SC64 for fender deluxe reverb 65 Reissue DRRI

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
The C12K-2 addresses all the shortcomings of the C12K - smaller dust cap for more treble, thinner British cone for thicker mids and airier sparkle. Still has the 2” voice coil for solid bottom end and hefty magnet for power.

Cannabis Rex is a good speaker in the right amp and context, but not my cup of tea. It's got a very muted attack and not much sparkle going on.

Last edited:

SantiagoClement

TDPRI Member
C12K2 could be a good option. I have being with C12K for 5 years and it is being ok. If C12K2 improves what C12K lacks, it is an upgrade too.

SantiagoClement

TDPRI Member
First off, you mention your Deluxe Reverb has a C12Q - are you sure it isn't the C12K?

I had the 12F150 in my SF Deluxe Reverb 50W, light dope. Great speaker - very very loud, throaty and powerful. Felt like it doubled the amp's wattage. That might be something to keep in mind if you play without pedals and still want to get breakup out of your amp.

If you're able to get them in Spain, I'd put Jupiter on your list. They're built by WGS but have slightly different specs, and right now they're my current favorites for classic Fender sound. I'd be tempted to try the 12SC, but the 12LC will be safer from a power handling standpoint.
I had a look to the Jupiter 12LC and I found one at a good price. Did you try it in DRRI?

2L man

Tele-Afflicted
About the GA-SC64, from people comments, there is a lot of love, but people who hated, really hated it. And with 40W it will break maybe too early.
There are excellent clean sound played Youtubes worth listening and reading comments where same quy did first have Jensen C12 Q or N in 60s Fender but he did settle to SC64.

68goldtop

Tele-Meister
Hi!
I had a look to the Jupiter 12LC and I found one at a good price. Did you try it in DRRI?
Yes, I did! It sounds very close to the WGS G12C - a good choice, imho! I think it sounds even "nicer" than the Weber.

There are excellent clean sound played Youtubes worth listening and reading comments where same quy did first have Jensen C12 Q or N in 60s Fender but he did settle to SC64.
Yes, a good point!
The GA offers a "vintage"-sound without some of the shortcomings of the old Jensens - and it´s not overly loud (y)

Of the current Jensen-Reissues, I think the "R" and "Q" models sound reasonably close to their vintage cousins - but the "N"-models don´t...

cheers - 68.

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
What's 'best'? Do you play clean? Do you play dirty? Do you use lots of effects?

If you want a classic clean Fender scooped blackface sound with teverb either the Emi or Weber. You need to break a speaker in for a few weeks before it achieves final tonality.

If you use lots of overdrive you'd want more mids probably to avoid fizziness. I'd maybe pick something else. Like a Creamback. For that the stock speaker might well be as good or bad as anything.

slider313

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter

The Jupiter 12LC is a very bright, and loud, speaker. I feel it would work well in a tweed 5E3 Deluxe, or similar, but not in a Deluxe Reverb.

My Milkman Sideman 50 came with the Jupiter 12LC. The Sideman is sort of a brown Vibroverb with a single 12" speaker. I replaced the Jupiter with a Celestion G12H-75 Creamback.

004.JPG

ScottTunes

Tele-Meister
Nothing better (for me) than a mid 60s Chicago Jensen C12N in my DR. I've had it for over 30 years though... They are kind of expensive and rare now, however.

The Eminence 1258 is similar, once broken in, but a bit louder, and has a bit less "chime" than the vintage speaker. I have the 1258 in a '65 Bandmaster 1x12 combo cab, and it sounds great! Definitely produces a great clean American sound.

Although quite heavy, a vintage EVM12L is also quite good in the DR.

DFB1

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Zinky Blue Velvet 25w combo
Marshall DSL5C
Fender PRRI
Supro Delta King 12
Fender Rumble 8
Vox Pathfinder 15r x2
VHT Special 6 Ultra ( up for sale locally)
Peavey Envoy
Yamaha THR5