Weber 12F150 in Princeton Reverb?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Fred Rogers, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

I have a Princeton Reverb with a 12” baffle. I’ve been switching out speakers just to hear what I like best. My favorites so far are the Eminence GA-SC64 and the Celestion Alnico Cream.

Thinking of trying a Weber 12F150, but I’m wondering if this speaker might be a little bass heavy with a Princeton. What do you think?

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

I would not think so. Buddy has one in a DRRI which is pretty
    nice. More in the Fender American camp. I also have the Cream in my Bourdeaux PRRI, and like it.
    Maybe too much headroom, but, that is what pedals are for. imho

Fred Rogers likes this.
  3. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

Try the 12F150T version!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Fred Rogers likes this.
  4. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

have pair with light doping in my Pro Reverb. I am slightly more of a marshall tone player. in general with some pronounced mids. The f150 in the pro are very american but very full..no flub on bass at all. The Pro is very fender if need be but the speakers allow some familiar i hear.

I ran my jtm 45 into the speakers..very good results. I would think the speakers are able to be Am/brit & and have come to depend the Pro with the speakers.

fenders i have. Super with jensens, Super with jupiters..the Pro with Webers is a very well rounded combination that really respond to how you play it..excellent clean tones & the ability to pop out with a lil boost.for leads. Can play that amp riding guitar controls & a boost pedal & cover alot of ground. I dont think the bass will be anything but powerfull & defined..the opposite of the jensens in a way. I like them for the slight bottom. I have 2x12 cab with jensens i love it but it is not tight like the weber f150 73pro2 (2).jpg

Fred Rogers likes this.
  5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

It should be fine. The T version a bit better as the PR often needs treble near 6.5 to = other BF style fenders. But at 7 or so the 12F150 should be fine.
    But frankly, the Ga SC 64 is killer already.

Fred Rogers likes this.
  6. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

What's your intended use, style, setting? I agree the T is a nice version, and I agree they aren't famously dark or bass-heavy. OTOH, they are kinda massive and, well, *accurate.* Are you wondering if they might amplify any PR bass flub? They might, and they might amplify any PR sparkle or shimmer that wanders into icepick territory.

On the upside, it's a big speaker. On the downside, it's a really big speaker. :)

Fred Rogers likes this.
  7. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Meister

Many years ago I was looking for a replacement speaker for my Princeton and I called Weber. Ted (peace be upon him) answered the phone and we chatted for about 30 minutes. He suggested I try the 10F150, based on what I wanted--more low end punch/reduced farting out--because I had installed a beefier OT and the stock speaker was distorting in the low range. I got the speaker into the amp and couldn't be happier with the tone. Thanks Ted!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.