1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

We ain't afraid of no ghost. Are you sure?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Hey_you, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

I am happy this thread has lead to interesting conversations. Early on I petitioned to Lock this thread. I "read" tension building between opposing ideas. The post was intended to share ideas on the show. Food for thought. There are many phenomenon I want to believe,that are just "fantastic". I won't disbelieve, because I want to believe. I refuse to self-impose limits on my understanding. I thank all here for calmly stating their thoughts without malice towards other member ideas.
    I have died. It is amazing the miracles of modern medical science and 4 days in the CCU. I have vivid memories. As if I just watch it on tv. There were no family members to "greet" me. Colors extremely vibrant, appearing "alive" and "breathing". And I had "A bad feeling about this" Real? A brain reacting in panic mode? IDK. But I remember.

Obsessed and telemnemonics like this.
  2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I've had dreams then saw a sequence from the dream happen the next day.
    I've blurted out X is about to happen then had X happen with no way to have known or predicted.
    I've had a few other things I can't explain and that science has no real acceptance of because it can't be repeated in a lab.

I don't even specifically want to believe this or that but also don't try to apply straw man dismissals of experiences.

In a way the demand that a rare and fleeting thing must be repeatable in the lab to be real is a straw man fallacy.
    If any of us has even played a show where we had one of those magic performances, tied in to the great muse, blowing free without limitations, doing things we hadn't done before:
    If we can't pull that off again while hooked to electrodes, does that make it not real?

Obsessed, xtelesquirex and Hey_you like this.
  3. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

It isn't not real, but man-oh-man those nights are unreal aren't they?

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Ooooh yeah, fascinating stuff to chew on. Thanks.

5. Obsessed

I didn't realize that this is mapped out so well. Thanks for the chart. I'll be referring to it for quite awhile.

6. Obsessed

Yes, I am glad too. With the very interesting information from @telemnemonics and @Guitarteach , I have some serious homework to do.

7. telemnemonics

I can't see your point here, all I see is a broken clock?

8. telemnemonics

I've looked at this chart a few times but my computer never makes it easy to really read through.
    I need to buy a large paper copy and hang it up somewhere.
    Not over the sofa, maybe over the guitar workbench.
    Humanity goes glaringly without any owners manual to teach us how our thoughts, expectations and emotions drive our actions and reactions!

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It right twice a day, so that's two up on the thread.

10. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I had an old indigenous elder stay over the last weekend. He wanted me to play some Bass and do some recording on my PC for a new song he had. A welcome to country song for his community.

he arrived fri night and we chatted and watched some football noodled guitars.

The next morning I walked out to the lounge room where he was sleeping letting him wake on his own accord before making coffee ,..

When he sat up I asked him if he had slept well....

yeah, he said.. but I had a visitor...

I couldn't think of what the visitor might be, a mouse or a spider maybe, the screen doors wouldn't let anything else in.. didn't hear anyone arrive..o_O

then he said, I thought I felt someone in here and woke up but something was pinning me to the bed like a lead blanket. I couldn't move... then I heard a voice speaking in a language I didn't recoginse, though I understood what it said...

Who are you?, Where are you from?, What are you doing here?...:eek:

He looked over at me a bit startled and said, Brother, you have a powerful spirit looking after you here...

and the thing is, I've always felt I have an angel/spirit around me at times... though I've never had the shake down or seen anything visual....

I've got a protector type ghost in the house, it seems.... cool..:cool:

11. telemnemonics

Well uh, both hands are the same length, one is on the 12, and the other is between the 4 and the 5.
    It's wrong all day long, woo or not!

IOW woo AKA woo, as in woo woo woo...

12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

A lot of serious scientists would be open to that...

13. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

[QUOTE="Toto'sDad, post: 10136515, member: 69567"]My wife maintained at the time she saw an apparition[/QUOTE]
    My wife swears she saw her dead father holding his dead 4 year old grandson ( died of leukemia) whom he never knew of that child's passing, down at the end of our hallway one morning when she was breastfeeding our first son. He was holding his grandson and smiling at her. He didn't even know we had a child but he just smiled peacefully and happily to her.
    That's her story and my ex- wife never lied.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.