Waza Air Headphones? The Perfect Practice solution?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Axis29, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Perfect? LOL . Might never happen. But, I gotta say, these look interesting.

I'd contemplate trading my HX Stomp for one of these, if the amp sounds are acceptable.

King Fan likes this.
  2. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

I have a little Vox "clean" headphone amp. I use it with $20 HPs. It is not perfect! It works fine for my home jamming and practice. I worry about my tone at the gig. At home, not so much.

Axis29 likes this.
  3. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

Hey, Axis, thanks for spotting this. I'm apparently too old to spend 30+ minutes learning about new stuff (or even old stuff, sorry, Uncle Doug) from videos, so I need hip kids like you to clue me in. :)

Axis29 likes this.
  4. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Holic

Hmmm, that solves some travel rig problems, and I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket...

Axis29 likes this.
  5. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Most of the time, I just plug into an amp and play away. I don't worry about much... Big thoughts are 'More dirt, maybe?' I am usually more worried about what I'm learning or reinforcing.

But, I don't have any solid state amps. My HX Stomp drives me crazy. It takes so much tweaking to get a tone I am not distracted by... I've never gotten a sound that kept me involved for anything longer than a few minutes before I get distracted and have to start fiddling with the sound.

To me, this is a good solution when I really need to be quiet (which is rare, but does happen from time to time). It would be a great green room, warm up type tool.

All it requires is the headphones and transmitter. That's easy to travel with.

Ha! It was @Lance that sent me an email with the link.

I see so many 'what's the best practice solution', 'Quiet practice' and 'bedroom amp' threads... And, this is pretty close to the answer for all of those. But, again, only if the built-in sounds are good enough. I haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it hits a local store before too long.

Blrfl likes this.
  6. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

I REALLY want this. Seriously thinking about trading in some gear for them. Boss is just crushing it!

Axis29 likes this.
  7. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Holic

Forgot to add that if anyone had any lingering ideas about the magic in Katanas, Nextones and Blues Cubes involving anything analog, this product should put those to rest.

tfarny and Axis29 like this.
  8. jokermtb

jokermtb TDPRI Member

While watching the Andertons' vid everyone has no doubt seen by now....I thought 'this is the practice setup I've been waiting for, for 30 years!'............finally! I ordered one right away - should have it this week.

Axis29 likes this.
  9. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

A major pat of my home jamming has been done in a quiet room with my solid body Carvin not plugged in to anything.

Axis29 likes this.
  10. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Meister

Looks they are sold out everywhere, lol.

pre orders/back orders to end of month or January

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.