Way To Go, Krispy Kreme!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

So, the basis of the story is this college kid makes a 250 mile trek to a Krispy Kreme and buys 100 dozen doughnuts. He had a Facebook page and had arranged drop offs on the way back. He has a high markup but everyone is willing to pay it because they don’t have to do the drive.

Krispy Kreme finds out and issues a cease and desist but, of course, there’s an uproar. They say they’re worried about the quality after hours of driving.

THEN they come to their senses and make the guy a distributor. Win-win-win. He’ll be student debt free when he graduates.

I’m posting from my phone so you’ll have to trust that o got the facts straight or you’ll have to Google for yourself.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I thought Krispy was ok until I had a Hurts:
    [​IMG]

3. skradlee

skradlee TDPRI Member

I only knew of the one in AZ, are there Hurts Doughnuts in TX as well???

philpm and Torren61 like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

When we went to the neighborhood market today, I had the very best kind of donut, they were FREE! They put out a little clear plastic thing filled with donuts every once in a while, and you can just open it up and get you a donut, they provide little paper thingies to get 'em out, (I may be the only guy that uses 'em) I ate one, then I ate another, then I ate one more to make sure they were as good as I thought they were. They were those chocolate covered ones, I would say they were my favorites, but I never met a donut I didn't like!

JL_LI, tubedood, Shuster and 3 others like this.
  5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

No idea, never been to TX. They are in the great state of WI though. At least one is, anyway

drlucky likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, I could eat that whole box, no problem, maybe the box too if enough icing and crumbs fall off on it!

7. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

My wife and I stopped by a veteran run thrift store in Spokane during a visit to see her sister in late July. They had a shelf with donated donuts and a sign that said "free, or donate what you can". A father with two little children stopped in and the little girl grabbed a bag and said, "Look daddy, free donuts.... what does July 15th mean"? Dad replies, "It means don't touch and put it back". Pretty funny and a good dad!

Torren61 and Shuster like this.
  8. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

When Krispy Kreme opened their first store here I can remember there being a massive line of people that went around the corner and down the street. A couple that had managed to finally purchase their box of donuts got mugged for them on the way back to their car.:(

I don't mind their donuts but they aren't the tastiest donuts in town. Certainly not worth mugging someone for. I like a hot cinnamon sugar covered donut carny style.

howardlo, Steve 78, Torren61 and 2 others like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dude, I’d kill you over a pixie stick so mugging you for Krispy Kreme is nothing. (Kidding about the pixie stick)

BB and Chunkocaster like this.
  10. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I'm calling "Extreme Scepticism".....I don't believe any Krispy Kreme could have One hundred dozen donuts ready at any given time.......but don't know for sure.

RodeoTex, Shuster, Torren61 and 2 others like this.
  11. GoldDeluxe5E3

GoldDeluxe5E3 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Grew up with KKreme. Now, they're overpriced, over-sweet, and paradoxically insubstantial. The charm definitely wears off.

There's a local baker in my town that literally runs rings around them, and there's a Mexican family in Santa Clara that will give you a glazed donut that's so good, if you put one on your head, your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get it.

And if you're ever in Maui, this is no joke. Donut Dynamite is on another level of precision and quality:

DrASATele, guitrr, Torren61 and 4 others like this.
  12. philpm

philpm Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Don't know about Texas, but we have them in Missouri.

Torren61 likes this.
  13. Chunkocaster

Do Krispy Kreme even do jam filled donuts?
    Hot cinnamon sugar rolled, raspberry jam filled donuts are worth a old fashioned mugging for.

They don't even need to be fresh, a day old and deep fried is ok too.

14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I think it is fun how great marketing works... this kid gets this thing going and OF COURSE Krispy Kreme causes a hiccup THEN fixes it... all the while, the kid does okay and KRISPY KREME SCORES! and we are gaping massing sucking it down like cold air after a fire...

We are so awesome.... we just suck it all in like the hopeful vacuoles that we are.... What is weird is that it took the dudes from Madison Avenue to really hone in and learn what will make us do EVERYTHING they want.

15. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I should not know this but I am donut addict!
    Just Imagine a fresh ( or 10!) Krispy Kreme ( glazed) Donut, but w/o hole- now fill it with strawberry or raspberry jam- so fresh you can drink it!

I've never done it ( never will) but I can imagine eating a dozen of the KK glazed, in one sitting.

Torren61, Shuster and Chunkocaster like this.
  16. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

This place makes me hungry, at the same time I'm gassing for a pedal I saw on a different thread, while pitchin a tent over the Tone Master,,,, help!!

17. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

Shipley's.

That's all.

18. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Meister

Ive had good alternatives. But the KK glazed fresh out of their oven, tossed in the box and away you go directly from the source? They just literally melt away as you eat them. Pure awesome decadence. And yeah, ive seen about a hundred dozen rolling off the conveyer when there was an outlet near me. Big neon sign lights up..... Fresh donuts are ready! So good.

I'll tell you right now. That student rigs up a vehicle like those pizza delivery prototypes with the warmer? He will do more than pay off his student loan!

Whats his number?

Shuster and Torren61 like this.
  19. Chunkocaster

Yes, that mugging story conveniently got them a lot of exposure on opening day too.
    I think it might have been legit though because they had mug shots on the news and the police were called in. Never did hear if they caught the guys though. Maybe the cops were in on it too?o_O

20. RB522

RB522 Tele-Meister

Where in Wisconsin ?

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.