Waves of Grace Church Jam.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Thanks for making this available to us on tdpri.
Something like that could be a calling card, resume, demo, whatever when church shopping and music director wants to know what you can offer.
:cool:

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Must be tons of fun making music with your wife!!!! Did I see that correctly... she plays the drums? If so that's very cool. They sound really good too.

Should've told the dog to just sing it an octave lower like the rest of us do when the key is too high. LOL.

tubejockey

Tele-Holic
I love making music with my family. My wife sings and plays keys, my sons play bass, drums, and guitar.
I will keep doing it as long as i am able. I will praise God with every breath until i can no longer draw breath.

GoldieLocks

Friend of Leo's
Thanks guys. Like some of you: i'm over 50 - and I have almost nothing recorded that i'm proud of. Now that my basement studio is finally going... I can put out some stuff (takes me a month to do a song. Mixing is harder than they told me. Takes me 3 days to find a vocal reverb I like... then I change it...)

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Some nice key work would go a long way in filling out the track but other wise it's very cool. Having done the 3 piece thing in many bands on the other hand it's very cool to hear stuff like this instead of the horribly over produced super busy stuff that is the norm in modern worship. That was REAL and raw very cool!

GoldieLocks

Friend of Leo's
Mixing is hard but a lot of fun. Mastering too.

Thanks - I mixed and mastered that about 7x. For mono and stereo. The hardest part is finding reference tracks that come close to what my raw tracks are (I finally stumbled across a song by Joan Osborne "Crazy Baby" that actually got me going in the right direction. (except she probably had a million dollar studio and professional producers and engineers).

Recording is the funnest hobby in the world. Cheaper than cars and motorbikes and... at first.

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks guys. Like some of you: i'm over 50 - and I have almost nothing recorded that i'm proud of. Now that my basement studio is finally going... I can put out some stuff (takes me a month to do a song. Mixing is harder than they told me. Takes me 3 days to find a vocal reverb I like... then I change it...)
Have done a bit of recording off and on over the years. Mixing and mastering is a real art in itself and is a lot harder than most think.
Last serious Studio sessions I did was for this demo about 10 or so years ago. Most of the electric tracks are mine and was done in a little studio in a local church. Miss this band but we are scattered all over the country now so--.
https://app.box.com/shared/3chz5vojtx

Last edited: