Was just assaulted whilst walking home.

Tele22

Tele-Meister
A pet dog is a good idea, as is a stout walking cane. Maybe wear a GoPro camera when you're out for walks, so anybody who approaches you knows they will be filmed.

I lived a couple years in a high-crime area, hated it. Quality of life is so much better in a safe area. I'd rather live in a closet there, than in a fine house in the middle of a crime zone.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Hope you are okay, have to say you were better than I would have been, I would have kicked him somewhere sensitive to make sure he did not move till the Police arrived.
I just don't understand what has got into at the moment, it's like a collective madness with some.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Get to the ER; you might have a broken rib or three.

When you're out and about, carry a nine iron for those occasional..."approach shots."

oatsoda

Tele-Holic
Thats heartbreaking to have your hometown become such a pit.

The ghost of Joe Strummer says you have a choice to make. Should I stay or should I go now?

If you stay, you could either do nothing and continue to make yourself a target and get your ass kicked, or you could work to change yourself and the dirty ol town. Take a self defense class, rebuild neighborhood watch, etc.

Or go, and face the unknown.

Either way, you are still going to be you, and whatever hardships befall you, you will most likely have to shoulder yourself.

Now, if I were to ask if there is something about you that makes folks want to clobber you, and you were to at least give yourself an honest answer, what would that be?

If you happen to resemble your avatar, well…

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Wow. Go get checked out. I'm sorry this happened. I assume you may have to go down this road again (literally) so maybe now's the time to anticipate the possibility of trouble. Best of luck to you.
"A stranger is just a friend you haven't met"... hmm ... more like "just an enemy who hasn't revealed itself yet".

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
I live in an area in which the official line is that there is zero crime and to suggest otherwise is a one way ticket to Palookaville.
Next time, rob the guy that attacks you. Get his ID. Force him to deal with officially replacing that.

OlRedNeckHippy

Poster Extraordinaire
Wow. I can not relate. I live out in the woods. The only thing I'm in fear of being acousted by is a renegade deer or wild turkey.

Is this where you live:

images