Was just assaulted whilst walking home.

Spox

Tele-Meister
Was visiting my mum there and left to walk the main road home. I saw a guy in grey jogging suit coming towards me and took no notice, I had the headphones on and didn't even make eye contact and he swung a backpack full of shoes etc as hard as he could into my belly, I'm talking a full swing from behind his back with full shoulder power. When I went to defend myself he fell over his own feet and fell on his ass in the road and I chose to instead call the police. That's when it got really scary, I had to follow him through my area whilst talking to the police and it is not a nice place, part of the area has the nickname Ground Zero, and I was getting the heavy eye from other teams of guys. When the police eventually caught up and arrested him people actually came out of their houses to shout abuse at the police. Seems he's either on drugs or has forgot to take drugs or both, I'm sitting here with chest pains from the stress, arms wrapped around myself. It was exactly the same street as I ended up in a fight on on Boxing Day, it is the third time I have been assaulted on a main road in the area since November 2017. It was an unprovoked sucker attack carried out by a guy about half my age.

Deciding whether or not to go to the hospital for the chest pains.

Back at it

Tele-Meister
Seems like trip to the emergency room is warranted but that may end up more painful…. Unless the emergency room is better where you are

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
If you are examined by a medical professional, at some point, that would help the police to build the case, against your assailant.

As you indicated, you aren't getting any younger. If you live where the hints suggest, you may need to re-think your travel arrangements- especially after dark. Two incidents, in six months, should be enough, to encourage a change in your habits and routine.

I hope you feel better, in the morning. Just the stress and delayed shock, from one of those encounters, can really take it's toll on you.

Spox

Tele-Meister
Police just called to let me know that the odds are that he will be released without charge because there is no CCTV and it is his word against mines and his lawyer is on the way to the police station. There is an active industry in my area to protect people from having to face any kind of consequences for their actions.

Re move, it is where I am from and where I grew up but I feel alienated in the area and will look into my options. Ideally I'd be able to buy but I am what feels like a million miles short of the funds to do so and I do not want to go back into the insecurity of private rented accomodation and city housing can take advantage of people in my situation by offering them houses they would not be able to let because of the condition of them, I found that out when I moved here just short of twenty years ago when they tried to get me to take a house with holes smashed through the walls, when I commented on those I was told to either deal with it or stay where I was under intolerable conditions and I called their bluff and was given this place about two months later but it has now become intolerable here.

Spox

Tele-Meister
If you are examined by a medical professional, at some point, that would help the police to build the case, against your assailant.

As you indicated, you aren't getting any younger. If you live where the hints suggest, you may need to re-think your travel arrangements- especially after dark. Two incidents, in six months, should be enough, to encourage a change in your habits and routine.

I hope you feel better, in the morning. Just the stress and delayed shock, from one of those encounters, can really take it's toll on you.
Where I was assaulted twice is a main road which I take to keep me right on the outer edge of the area so that I don't have to actually walk through the area I grew up in. It is a long cut I take to stay away from the trouble spots or at least try to. To avoid that I would need to add an extra couple of miles to my walk home or walk right through the area.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Organize a neighbothood watch? Have everyone train to pull out their phone and start recording immediately. Fight back with whatever means are legal.

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
Wow. Go get checked out. I'm sorry this happened. I assume you may have to go down this road again (literally) so maybe now's the time to anticipate the possibility of trouble. Best of luck to you.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
There used to be neighbourhood watch sign directly outside my house but it was removed for reasons which I cannot go into.

Well start another. Let people in the neighborhood know what happened and to be aware of this type of attack. Rally them to make the neighborhood safe again. Get the police to patrol more. Go to the press if they won't patrol more.

To play their game, you'll have to get video evidence when stuff happens. Make it happen.

They're evil. Attacking someone is evil. No pity because they "might not have taken their meds". That's how you lost your neighborhood safety.