1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Warning scam emails pretending to be Reverb

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 440mhz, Oct 22, 2020.

1. 440mhz

440mhz Tele-Meister

I got this in my gmail this morning.
    research@userinterviews.com
    Hi Jaimie,

My name is Tasia and I work as user researcher at Reverb. We are gathering some information about the way you purchase music/production gear now and are also hoping to get your feedback on some emerging concept for our site to make sure we are meeting our users' needs.

The sessions only take 1 hour, and you'll receive $60.00 via Amazon.com Gift Card* as a thank you.

If you're interested in sharing your feedback, please click the button below to sign up!

Best,
    Tasia
    UX Researcher

I contacted Reverb and they have nothing to do with this company.

2. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Cheers for this warning!

3. kennl

kennl Tele-Afflicted

if the sender email address did not read "@reverb.com", I would assume a phishing scam

4. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Meister

Probably unnecessary to add, but generally if it's an email from Reverb, it's a scam.

Like the prices of shipping for example, e.g. loaded Squier pickguard = $25, shipping = $273.62...

Just a heads up.

5. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Tele-Afflicted

Over the last couple of months I have been receiving emails saying my ITunes account, my PayPal account and my cloud account have all been compromised. Problem is, I don't use any of these services & never have. Have also received emails about Netflix and Hulu saying my credit card was invalid. I never open unsolicited emails, they all go to junk.

6. teletail

teletail Tele-Afflicted

I had a guy call and tell me that my Windows OS was counterfeit and was going to stop working if I didn’t pay the $100 licensing fee immediately. I just said, “I use a Mac a-hole.”

SuprHtr, Bob M, puddin and 1 other person like this.
  7. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

My favourite is every so often I get one about "my" Royal Bank of Scotland account.

8. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

My wife used to get calls from "Windows Support" telling here they had detected virus activity in her machine. She'd play dumb and keep them on the line for up to an hour before saying she had a Mac.

teletail likes this.
  9. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

My wife got a call with details from her recent Dell repair. It was a scam, of course. Either Dell got their customer records compromised or they have a mole.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.