Warmoth Replacement Neck For A Nocaster

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tele2, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Just curious, anyone ever ordered a Warmoth replacement neck for their Nocaster? How did it work out for you?

2. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Why does your Nocaster need a new neck?

3. bubbagomez

bubbagomez TDPRI Member

I would use one of the Musikraft Blackguard necks if I were going to use a replacement.

4. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Bubbagomez, I see. Why is that?

5. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I think musikraft are more vintage correct so would be a better choice for a vintage style guitar replacement.

6. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Thanks Asmith. I just had a quick surf of the Musikraft site and their stuff looks good.

Long story short - there was a deal on a 2012 Nocaster which was too good to pass up but the guitar came with a neck that has a '65 Strat C profile. I actually do like the '65 neck a lot but there's a part of me that wants the big neck. The guitar is otherwise killer and I don't want to sell it on account of the neck.

So I'm thinking what if I get a replacement neck with the usual Nocaster baseball bat profile. If it doesn't work out I can still go back to the '65 neck and be happy. A pricey experiment perhaps but I'd always wonder otherwise.

What do you guys think?

7. bubbagomez

bubbagomez TDPRI Member

Sounds like a great plan. And if it doesn't work out then you can always get an inexpensive body to go with the extra neck!

8. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Ha, I didn't even think of that but I love it!!Thanks bubbagomez.

9. ItsaTele

ItsaTele NEW MEMBER!

I am an old duffer and my left hand is going south. I am thinking a fatter neck, any suggestions? I play a standard thin Warmoth on a one off GuitarWorks Tele.

10. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

The necks of my custom shop guitars each have beautiful, detailed fret work. I would never consider replacing them with a generic neck.

11. Galibier_Un

Galibier_Un Tele-Meister

I'm all for neck changes -for both ergonomic as well as sonic experimentation. I hear a lot of good things about Musicraft, although my primary (and good) experience is with USACG.

There's an active thread I was silly enough to involve myself in which has some relevance to this topic: http://www.tdpri.com/threads/why-do-these-2-teles-sound-different.670821/

The OP was wondering why two fairly different guitars sounded ... different (different bodies, pickups, pot values, etc.). Side commentary branched off into discussions of tonewoods, neck thickness (not critical in my experience), and finishes.

I keep thinking that I'm done commenting on this, and I always get suckered into these discussion ... over and over again o_O

Cheers,
    Thom

12. Galibier_Un

Galibier_Un Tele-Meister

I always seem to have an odd number of necks and bodies. The darned things keep multiplying ;-)

... Thom

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.