Warmoth Parts

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Vanzant, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

Has anyone here ever built a tele from Warmoth? I am thinking about trying to build my own partscaster, is this the way to go? How are their necks? Would love to see pictures and here stories about your experience. My goal is to learn how to assemble and wire an electric guitar, plus hopefully end up with a descent guitar. Anyhow, thanks in advance!
    :D

2. Lostinthe50s

Lostinthe50s Tele-Afflicted

Top notch. Worth every cent.

3. Bswailes

Bswailes Tele-Holic

Their necks are top shelf.

4. buckallred

buckallred Tele-Meister

Seconded (or thirded). Top notch. Brilliant!

5. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

warmoth is nice because all their parts work together. you don't have to worry about things not lining up right. on the other hand, i think their stuff is a little overpriced for what it is... just my two cents...

6. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Can't fail with their stuff and a good choice if its your first time out but you pay for it.

7. Terry O'Malley

Terry O'Malley Tele-Holic

I got one of their bodies.... It's great

Warmoth are good parts makers....

Top dollar..... But good!

8. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Mistakes can be expensive.
    My advice would be buy the cheapest, used instrument you can find, take it apart completely and reassemble. If finances allow, try upgrading a few parts like the pots, capacitor and switch and practice your soldering skills.

9. polvotone

polvotone Tele-Meister

I saw pictures of a Warmoth Jazzmaster, it looked so good that I couldn't even believe it existed. I'm so serious. The quality of the paint, parts, neck, the binding, just unbelievable. I am jealous.

10. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

I'm probably the only guy in America that is less than thrilled with a Warmoth neck. The fret ends on mine needed to be smoothed down, for the price Warmoth gets for their product, I don't think I should have had to deal with it.

I guess every once in a while things slip by QC, guess it was just my lucky day. I bought my neck based on all the positive things I heard about Warmoth. It happens :rolleyes:.

11. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

I have one of their necks in one of my favorite builds, and used body and neck for Tony M. to build my '75 Custom Custom. Very nice stuff.

I've got Warmoth, Musikraft, USACG, and AllParts necks ... each has it's own "thing" about it, but they're all great in my book. And in my hand.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Their necks are on the shelf just below the necks from USACG. :D

Warmoth's bodies are IMO not so useful (they depart too much from the Leo shape).

Call Tommy at USACG.

13. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Their bodies are not so useful? You have made you opinions clear on Warmoth many times, Boris but that statement is a bit silly don't ya think?

Warmoth stuff is top notch. Maybe not EXACTLY Fender spec but one can always buy Fender parts if thats the aim.

I've done a number of builds and the stuff from Warmoth is the best IMHO.

14. blimpo

blimpo Tele-Meister

Warmoth necks are very good and can be had reasonably if you just get plain maple.
    I bought my maple boatneck for my Tele for around $129.

I use their necks and bodies and have never had problem one.

15. brbert

brbert TDPRI Member

new Warmoth Tele

Just finished my first build with Warmoth parts and love it. I did a Flamed Koa top with a chambered mahogany body, black hardware with a birdseye maple neck. I put a Lollar El Rayo in the neck with a Classic T at the bridge. Trying to attach a pic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  16. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Built this one to 52 specs. It's very nice, about 6.5 lbs. and the 1" thick Boatneck is really nice feeling. Nocaster bridge and Texas Special in the neck.

Attached Files:

17. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

I've assembled a few guitars using Warmoth parts, in the end though it usually costs as much as good used Fender.

18. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Lay a Warmoth body over a body from another supplier, or over a genuine Fender body. Awaken your eye (or not in your case, since you apparently own a bunch already and may not want to turn back) to the clear and obvious differences in shape and profile of these two different designs.

I understand that long before the body trade rights litigation ever took form, that Ken Warmoth thought it might be wise to make his T and S bodies basically a distinguishable shape from Fender's shapes, just in case Fender's rights to these shapes were determined by courts of law to still be controlling. Ken would have deniability, he likely would not owe any damages to Fender since technically the Warmoth bodies were evidently different in shape. Much later (2008?) Ken and the other plaintiffs punched FMIC out and took their lunch money - FMIC no longer has any shot at these rights. But Ken never changed his design (he now does do another more correct design, but IMO it isn't a big factor in the marketplace - almost all the ones on the gallery are his singular design).

With kind respect you can close your eyes and pretend you can't tell the difference. But I sure can and I'm not the only one. Although I guess I am the guy who calls out Warmoth bodies when people post the completion of their new project. If I can spot it quickly most times in a low resolution e-image, you best consider there's something easily demonstrated in person.

Don't call things silly if you don't want to be caught needing an explanation later.

19. blimpo

blimpo Tele-Meister

The exactness of the shape has never bothered me.

The thing for me is, I find it very rewarding to take all the pieces and put one together.
    Whatever parts are on it, I picked them out individually and have total control of the finishing.
    I bought a Warmoth Strat body years ago and never noticed anything about its shape. It was a great looking body so I ordered the neck for it from them.

If I would have noticed the slightly different shape of the body at the time I doubt it would have made any difference to me.
    I'm far from being a purist. To me it just doesn't matter.

20. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

If you're trying to build "replicas", well go elsewhere or IMO don't bother.The slightly different shapes don't mean a thing to me.

If you're thinking of building a quality guitar, you could do a lot worse than Warmoth parts.

I've built entire guitars from their stuff and the results have been good. I've replaced necks on Fender and other bodies with their necks and the results have been good.

If you use a Warmoth neck and body together, or mix it with genuine Fender parts, you'll find things slide together like machine parts.

Sometimes necks need a bit of touch-up on the frets or nut, but my experience has found that most necks do.

P.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.