Warmoth Necks

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by oregomike, May 12, 2019.

1. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Meister

I meant to add that this worked perfectly fine- I was NOT going to let old Dan E convince me a 60 dollar reamer was the only solution. Just go nice and slow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LKPYBSU/?tag=tdpri-20

telemnemonics likes this.
  2. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

"Please note, Warmoth does not perform fret leveling. Most Warmoth necks are playable as they are received and do not require fret leveling. However, because wood moves with changes in temperature, humidity and string tension fret leveling may be required. This is best done after the neck has been strung up to pitch for several days and allowed to adjust in the assembled state..."

This is a reason why I'm waiting before any fret leveling on my Warmoth conversion neck, to let the assembled guitar 'settle in'. Maybe then it could also use a truss rod tweak; we'll see. For now, it plays great as it is!

3. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Holic

The last one I got had one (1) high fret. It has binding so there were no problems with fret ends and such.

To be honest, I dont get the whole thing about crowning and polishing frets. Not that I am against it, I just never felt I needed it.

4. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

the two warmoth necks I have are flawless.

brookdalebill likes this.
  5. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

The vintage sepc maple Boatneck that I ordered for my "Alligator" homage was spectacular right out of he box. I put that neck on the body and it's been my number one ever since. Also, the neck i won in the TDPRI Drawing back in 2003 needed nothing. It's still going strong too. Excellent necks at Warmoth!

6. Gene O.

Gene O. Tele-Holic

I have several guitars with Warmoth necks. I'm a fan. Mostly I've purchased from their in-stock inventory, but I have custom ordered a few as well. You can spec them however you want (within their available options, of course). I'll be receiving a custom Strat neck in a few weeks with a straight 9.5" fretboard radius and I would expect it to be awesome right out of the box. Any guitar that spends enough time around my house might need some tweaking eventually, but most of my Warmoth necks have never needed anything except to be played.

7. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Holic

Mine was good to go, I just filed the ends a bit to make them less sharp. No real complaints here other than the headstock shape not being "true" but I just don't even care about that stuff anymore. It plays and sounds good so good enough.

8. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I’ve tried Warmoth, USGA, Mighty Mite and recently WD. All Parts hands down for all my builds.

9. Tommyd55

Tommyd55 Tele-Meister

I have a Warmoth and a USACG ...
    The USACG is the hands down winner imo..

10. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Holic

Warmoth neck on the strat in my avatar
    All it needed was a quick truss rod tweak after I strung it up and then I cut the nut slots a bit lower. I like low action.

11. ejphotos

ejphotos Tele-Meister

The Warmoth neck that I'll be putting on my partscaster has excellent fretwork. Probably won't need to do anything to it.

12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Warmoth necks exclusively since the 80's after trying Mighty Mite, Schecter and a few others that were around at the time. I have never had an issue with anything from Warmoth.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.