1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

warmoth neck

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jbyers, Jan 27, 2021.

1. jbyers

jbyers TDPRI Member

yeah I was always going to use a drop top, but with the whole rear routing thing I've been worried about drilling those long holes.

2. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

That hasn't been a problem for me and certainly Gibson puts toggle switches in similar locations on some of their ES guitars. Toggles are usually set so they go up and down rather than back and forth. If you did hit it all it would do is change the p/u - that might change the sound but isn't going to kill the guitar. Its a consideration I guess.

Boreas likes this.
  3. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

All toggles are not created equally. I have had some that would switch to the center position by a slight whack on the guitar. Some brands stay put better than others. Typically, we get what we pay for!

4. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

I remember seeing this incredible blues woman in Chicago some years back. She was absolutely wailing on a Les Paul and I realized that almost every pick stroke she was switching the pup selector - neck, bridge, neck, bridge... And didn't miss a note.

Boreas and DrASATele like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.