1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Warehouse Guitar Speakers G12C

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Bones, May 30, 2017.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Just installed this in my 5E3 Clone.

Woweee, this thing is the business right out of the box. I'm not always sure what a particular amp is "Supposed" to sound like, but this speaker in this amp sounds like what I want my sound to sound like :D

It's really great with my teles, but with my Les Paul with SD Antiquities, it is other worldly.:twisted:
    AND, it's pretty damn inexpensive.o_O:cool::D.

Could almost buy 4 of these for the price of the Tone Tubby that this amp came with, guess I'll be putting that up on CL.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  2. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

I love WGS.

rich815 likes this.
  3. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

I had the 12Cs (less top end) in my BF twin for awhile,was pretty darn good. Should of kept it!

4. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Friend of Leo's

Great speaker. I have one in my BFPR clone. It ain't comin' out! ;)

5. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

I have the G12Q and love it in my 5E3 when I'm the only lead player in the band, but when competing with another electric (the other guy uses a Blues Deluxe), it just sounds like mush. I have REALLY been thinking about that G12C for a while now to stick in there.

I mainly play a Les Paul with Pearly Gates with my Deluxe. Is there any way to describe what you love about it with humbuckers?

Thanks

6. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Ummm yeah, I'm not super good at using the approved "tone glossary" words, but since you mention "Pearly Gates", let me put it to you this way. You know the ZZ Top song "Brown Sugar"? Well, for the first time, I feel like I'm really nailing the essence of that tone with just my Les Paul, plugged it to my 5E3 clone. The highs are clear and articulate and the lows are tight and punchy, not flubby. It's very balanced sounding and responsive. I would say it's sort "neutral" in that I feel like I'm really hearing the true character of the amp and guitar. It seems really well suited to "bedroom" volume where the Tone Tubby, thrived on high volumes, which quite frankly in my small music room are painful. I don't know if that helps at all, but I really like it and it seems to be the puzzle piece that makes the guitar/amp combo really come alive.

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  7. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

You had me at "Brown Sugar"...

I've been loving the low powered speakers for a while, but after going back to higher powered stuff and really hearing the amp break up instead of just the speaker, I've been eying that G12C. You may need a commission on this one!

8. Stratandtele

Stratandtele Tele-Meister

I've been saving a wgs g12c for use in my vibrolux clone, (when I get around to building the cabinet)...After you're rave review, maybe I'll stick it in my 5E3 for a while!!!

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  9. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

I put a G12C and a G10C in this very cool pine cab from pinetone. Really fine sounds. I'd already tried a G12C somewhere else and liked it. The G10C is even better, my favorite 10" speaker for sure.
    MD

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  10. mamm7215

mamm7215 TDPRI Member

I put a G12c in my 5e3 clone and didn't gel with it. It's a very loud speaker and it pretty much nuked the early breakup of the circuit, so if that's what you want that's fine. It got really icy at volume on mine, too but you won't have an issue keeping up with the band. The G12c/s is smoother, not quite as loud but bassy.

11. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Glad you like it in there.
    Just plopped a greenie in my 5e3..and on low vol gig last night was great..

Bones likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.