1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wanting a new neck. Help please

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by alnicopu, Jun 9, 2013.

1. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

I know there are several after market "licensed" companies making them but have never bought one. I played a 56 reissue the other day and liked the chunkier neck better than the one on my 06 hardtail Strat. I'm assuming its a modern c.

Anyone have any experience here?

2. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

Yes. I have a 1990 American Strat and it came with the thinner modern profile neck. Not my fave after playing chunkier neck guitars. When it needed a fret job, I used that as an excuse to get a different neck. I went with a Warmoth Boatneck. Real chunky. I also prefer their flatter compound radius on the board. Fit and finish on the Warmoth neck is excellent, every bit as good as real Fender. On the Warmoth web site you get a huge menu of options you can order, in terms of neck woods, back profiles, fretboard material and radius, size of tuner holes, nut width, nut type, finish, frets, on and on.

I ordered the Boatneck equipped to take my existing tuners and string trees. I like it. Have no hesitation about going with Warmoth.

3. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

well I have not seen a 56 RI but I do not think Fender changed the spec(neck) so to say till 57.

So I bet any of the people that offer a 54 type ,will do ya!

4. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the info guys. Ill definately check on a per -57 neck from Warmoth.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.