Wanted to Showcase my Jay Turser DLPH

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Platefire, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

I've been playing on this guitar last few weeks with my P & W band and have been enjoying it in every way.
    I picked this guitar up for $99 about 5 years ago because the pawn shop owner said it didn't work, sure enough, plugged it into an amp wouldn't make a sound. Knowing it was electronics issue I laid down the bucks. Also noticed the quality of construction I never seen on a Jay Turser guitar before, so thought it must be something worth more than the asking price.

It turned out to be the volume pot completely bad that I replaced for $15 including shipping. Also about two years latter replaced the pickup with Stu Mac Parson Street Humbuckers, Alnico 2 in neck position and Alnico 5 in bridge position. For some reason I didn't like the new pu's at first and let the guitar sit for a couple more years.

To make a long story short I took it out the other day and decided to give it another try. Hooked it up
    to my DIY Champ with a modified Silvertone 1482 hooked together in parallel. It took me a few tries to get
    the vol and tone set just right on both amps but now the guitar plays and sounds amazing to me. I really a strat man mostly but also love a good LP sound and boy does this rig have it at a reasonable volume. Don't know what made the change but what I'm feeling and hearing now is totally pleasing. So I now have a new appreciation for this ax I didn't have before. Welcome to the fold Mr. Dolphin Guitar. Platefire

Jay Turser JT-DLPH 003.jpg

Jay Turser JT-DLPH 001.jpg
    Jay Turser JT-DLPH 008.jpg
    Jay Turser JT-DLPH 010.jpg

2. Platefire

Wow! How time flies. I said I had this guitar about 5 years ago, it's 7 years. Got it in 2011. It's a 2003 and 15 years old.
    7 years to properly introduce yourself to a guitar, I don't know?!

3. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

Don't know too much about Jay Turser guitars, but from what I see, more than a little time and effort went into the making of your guitar Platefire. An exceptionally good looking instrument is what you have there. Abalone inlays and binding. Wow! What's not to like?

Hope it sounds as good as it looks, although even as a wall hanger, you've got a heck of a nice guitar. Very impressive! I like it.

4. Platefire

Thanks Tony! That's why I started this thread because it's truly the nicest guitar
    I have. I had a pretty poor attitude about Jay Turser guitars previously but I can say on this particular model they went the extra mile. It:s a pleasure to play, Platefire

5. Platefire

Here's a couple more detail shots:
    Jay Turser JT-DLPH 009.jpg

Jay Turser JT-DLPH 012.jpg

Jay Turser JT-DLPH 013.jpg
    Jay Turser JT-DLPH 016.jpg Jay Turser JT-DLPH 018.jpg

tonyj likes this.
  6. Platefire

Bump: Have ya'll seen my Jay Turser PRS copy? It was a special run they did for about 1 Year from 2003-2004. They a pretty rare, especially the red one. I admit I had my reservations about Delphine inlays at first but what can I say, they grew on me. Now I totally at one with it. The Stu Mac Parson Street Buckers sure compliment it. Mahogany body, neck with tiger maple top. A special event every time you plug in. Platefire

BTW-after this I will not re-iterate it again if I can help myself:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.